PDA

View Full Version : Napping with poop

Java
09-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Would you wake your DC to change the diaper or do you wait?

DD likes to poop in her crib and unless the A/C is running to force the air in her room out from under her door, I don't know that she's pooped! 75% of the time if she hasn't napped within 15-20 minutes, I'll go in and check and sure enough, there's poop. But sometimes (only 3 times so far) I've been busy doing chores and forget the clock and she either continues to play with a poopy diaper or she sleeps in it.

She's such a difficult child to put to sleep that I hate to wake her to change thus ruining her rare naps but I hate having her sleep in a poopy diaper just as much.

What would you do?

Marisa6826
09-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Maybe slather her with Triple Paste BEFORE you put her down so there's a barrier layer between the poo and her skin should she, uh, decide to make her move before knocking off for a while? ;)

Mia is pretty reliable in this sense, and it's what I've learned to do.

-m

babyready
09-10-2007, 08:36 PM
When dd does this, she usually doesn't fall asleep and keeps playing for a long time so I know something is up. But once in a while she falls asleep. For a nap, I let her sleep. But at bedtime, I wake her and change her. She would never go back down for the nap if I got her up but at night she will, plus I would hate for her to go all night with a poopy diaper.

ett
09-21-2007, 10:25 PM
I wouldn't wake them for a change during nap but would if it happened at night.

DrSally
09-22-2007, 03:08 PM
If my DS isn't asleep and poops, I go and change it if I happen to go in there to see what he's doing. He usually only poops if he's messing around in the crib trying to stay awake or right when he wakes up. Given that he can sleep for 3 hours, that's a long time to sit in it, and the few times he has accidentally slept in it b/c it took a long time to get to sleep and he must've done it before going to sleep, he had a bad rash.

gatorsmom
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
If she's not asleep, I'd change her (as long as that doesn't prevent her from eventually falling asleep from her nap).

But I wouldn't wake her from a nap to change her. I would wake her up at night, however, if I thought she had a poopy diaper.

Lisa
Mom to Gator July 2003
And Cha-Cha July 2005
and surprise! twins due 11/07!

JoyNChrist
10-02-2007, 12:32 PM
If I were you, I'd cover her bottom with diaper cream when you change her before putting her down for her nap (I like Boudreaux's), then let her be. Since DS has become an avid non-sleeper, I'm a firm believer in the saying "Never wake a sleeping baby!" :-)