PDA

View Full Version : Bulky CDs

astromaggie
09-08-2007, 11:08 PM

MarisaSF
09-09-2007, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the CD world! I love the picture of a newborn Teletubby! :)

From my experience with a similarly large newborn, you will need to size up no matter what diapers he's in! ;) LOL. (My 3.5 mo is solidly in 6-9mo clothes.) I've been CD'ing DS since birth. I use sposies too and I really don't see much difference in clothing sizes. If DS is about ready to grow out of one article of clothing, it might fit with a sposie for a week longer than with a CD, but it's easier for me to just take the article out of rotation.

I think you'll find all the one-size diapers bulkier in general. I think the one you tried (MEOS) today is one of the bulkiest of my entire stash. What cover did you use with it? The prefolds, kissaluv fitteds, and FBs (depending on insert) are fairly trim. I haven't tried HHOS or bumkins AIO. Of the covers you mentioned, I think I got the trimmest fit from the proraps. Which Bummi covers do you have?

ETA: All that said, I find myself reaching for prefold (with a wool cover) most often. My second favorites are the BumGenius OS, despite the bulk. I like FBs, but I prefer the velcro on the BGs.

o_mom
09-09-2007, 06:14 AM
The Motherease OS are very bulky on newborns. That's the trade off with a one-size diaper since there has to be enough diaper to cover a toddler, too. It is less with a pocket because only the cover has to be big and you can put smaller inserts in for little ones.

I would try your prefolds, FB or Kissaluvs. Those may be trimmer. All will be more bulky than a sposie, but probably not to the same degree as the Motherease. I haven't had to size up too much with DS3. He is 16+ lbs at 4 months and wears the same clothes with cloth or sposies. The only time we get the Teletubby look is at night with a thick prefold, doubler, fleece liner and one-size wool cover.

american_mama
09-10-2007, 08:10 AM
A Motherease One-size diaper was also the first diaper I tried on my tiny infant, with a heavyweight fleece cover no less. I hated it and soon put the Motherease away for another 14 months or more. Motherease is an ok diaper, but too bulky for infants, in my opinion.

Try another diaper, like the bumGenius with a preemie prefold or size small insert, if you have one. The one-size insert that came with it will work, but will be a little bulky on a newborn. Try the Kisslauv fitted or a prefold with a prowrap cover. Try the Fuzzibunz with a small Joeybunz, if you have one. Those are all trim to very trim.

astromaggie
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM

MarisaSF
09-11-2007, 01:31 AM
ITA.
We stuff our BGs and FBs with a Hemp Babies Little Weeds or something like a Joeybunz. Definitely trimmer than the microfiber inserts.