PDA

View Full Version : Potty Training Advice for a boy

mom2one
09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
hi all. I have serveral questions for all of you. My first one I have not seen posted before. My DS has been going #1 for about a month now. He decided he wanted to stand, but did not want to hold his own penis. So I showed him how to do it, and he has decided that Mom can just do it. Well, I started telling him that it was not my job to do that, it was his. He, of course, turned it around and said it back to me. So I started sitting him on the potty to go #1. He ask me why, I tell him the same answer that it is his job and no one else should touch/hold his penis. I do let him stand and go #1 when we are out in public, because it is easier/cleaner that way. Any advice on how to get him to want to hold his own penise?

Question #2- This one is about pooping in the potty.MY DS has no desire to do that in the potty. He will ask for a diaper (which I am grateful for, no diry underwear yet). How long do you wait this out? It seems no great toy under the sun is helping this along.

Question #3- I still put a diaper on him at night. I was wondering if regular pullups work at night and don't leak. What do you put your boys to sleep in?

Thanks for all your help with my many questions. I know one day I will look back and wish our problem we were having was potty training. :o) Susan

I gue