PDA

View Full Version : Pull Ups at Nursury School

HIU8
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
DS nursury school today told me that they would prefer I keep him in diapers and not use pull ups if he isn't actually doing anything in the potty. They said it is easier to change a diaper than a pull up. DS asked for underpants and tells me when he has gone #1 and #2. I don't want to do underpants until I know that he can use the potty. He will sit on it to poop (and have gas) but has only peed it in once before. DS will be 3 in November. So, we picked up some pull ups as a precursor to underpants. We still use diapers for naps and at night. Should I discontinue the use of the pullups? When I picked DS up from nursury school today he had a big wet spot on his shorts so I know they are not changing him that often (and the pull ups hold much less I know). What would you do--do the pull ups at home and diapers at school? No pull ups? I'm new at this and could use some help.

Thanks,
Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

SnuggleBuggles
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Ds' preschool teachers (and the director) didn't think too highly of pull-ups. I think they like an "all or nothing" approach to be less confusing for the child. I followed that advice- no pull ups. But, go with what makes you comfortable. :)

Beth

lilycat88
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
DDs school does not allow pullups at all...not negotiable. For the 2's classroom, they only allow diapers until the children are actively training. We waited until we were reasonably sure DD was 100%ready...about 34 months...and went cold turkey with underwear. She had very few accidents. They still put a diaper on her for nap. Now that she's in the 3's class, there are no diapers at all. We still use diapers at home for naps on the weekends because she will still sleep 3 hours and needs that sleep so we'd rather her not wake up because of a wet bed.

I'd stick with diapers until he's ready to fully train and then go straight to underwear.

HIU8
09-26-2007, 06:54 PM
DS is 34 months now. We switched back to diapers today. DS told me he wants diapers, but he wants to stand up to change them. So, that is what we will do. He actually asked to go potty for poopy this evening (he passed gas on the potty, so he is starting to understand something).

Thanks,
Heather
DS 11/27/04
DD 6/9/07

JBaxter
09-27-2007, 11:10 AM
If he is showing interest why dont you jut say ok lets wear big boy pants. Would your daycare work with you?