PDA

View Full Version : DS won't sit down to use the potty

samsonsmom
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
DS (age 2y 3m) has recently started using the potty, and is getting pretty good about it if he's naked (I haven't dared to put him in underwear yet; I figure he'll treat it just like a diaper but maybe this is the next necessary step?). Problem is, he doesn't seem to be able to "go" sitting down.

I know that in the long run, going potty standing up is what we're aiming (LOL) for. But this child can't even poop sitting down. I think he's been doing it standing up in his diaper for so long that he just doesn't know how to do it sitting down. He even tries, but after a few minutes of trying he wants to stand up. We've caught a couple poops with him standing over the potty, but clearly this isn't going to work long term.

And for #1, he flat out will not sit down. I don't think he can hold it long enough to get himself seated. Do we just accept that he's going to be a standing-up p!$$er from the get-go, and deal with the inevitable splashes?

WWYD?

And, what is the normal procedure, now that he's starting to get the hang of it when he's naked? What do I do next?

JBaxter
10-08-2007, 05:02 PM
Nathan would not sit to pee either try the Peter Potty IT WORKED WONDERFULLY I hightly recommend it
http://www.amazon.com/Visionaire-Peter-Potty-Toddler-Urinal/dp/B000C22J2S/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-7442683-8356966?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1191881108&sr=8-1