PDA

View Full Version : will cloth diapers help during acid rashes? What do you mamas think?

elaineandmichaelsmommy
10-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Ds has an love for orange juice that is beyond reason. Lately he's been getting pretty bad rashes and I think it's because of the o.j. He poops and as I wipe him his rear bleeds. I mean the blood just comes through his skin. I hate this and he screams like you wouldn't believe. So I'm wondering if I should keep up with the pampers/boudreux butt paste/powder combo or if switching to cloth would help him at all.
We are trying to cut back on the orange juice,but I swear it's like detoxing him so it's going to be awhile. What do you cloth mama's think. Let me know. tia

JBaxter
10-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Some kids are really sensitve to OJ. Personally I would just not buy any more. Its not going to do much good until he stops ingesting it.

Try patting his bum with mylanta or malox and use only water to wipe it.

Momof3Labs
10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Cloth won't change the fact that his poops are burning his bum. My DS1 had issues with acidy foods when he was young, plus he is lactose intolerant (also leads to burning poop). Cloth didn't change any of that.

schums
10-22-2007, 08:32 PM
If he absolutely NEEDS his OJ, Tropicana makes a "low acid" version that is great. I think you have to buy it in the carton -- I've never seen it in the frozen concentrate section. I can drink TONS of this stuff with no problem, and I have serious GERD issues, especially with acidic foods.

HTH,
Sarah
Mom to Alex (3/2002) and Catherine (8/2003)