PDA

View Full Version : Going from diapers to cloth training pants

zephyr
10-21-2007, 11:22 PM
My friend has a dd (20 months) that she would like to start potty training. She mostly uses disposables, but has a couple cloth diapers she uses also. I'm thinking of suggesting she switch to cloth training pants, like the Imse Vimse's, for example, and go from there since she will feel wet when she goes, versus going the pull-ups route. What do y'all think? I really don't know because my ds is 13 mos. and we obviously haven't started potty training yet :) Thanks.
Zephyr

kitmama
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I think it's a good suggestion. It's a hefty investment up front, but sposie pullups are expensive! I know a few mamas who balked at the cost of good cloth trainers to start with, but over time they regretted going with sposie trainers. They ended up spending a lot more, and training took (is taking) a loong time.

Every kid is different, but I keep reading that potty training is faster and smoother in cloth rather than sposies. If true, that's definitely a plus!

Of course, she might just want to switch straight to underwear. A lot of moms go that route, and it works for them. It worked well for us for daytime training. (I prefer cloth trainers for night training).