PDA

View Full Version : BGOS 3.0?

pb&j
11-02-2007, 12:34 PM
I just got an email that Cottonbabies is clearancing out their BG2.0's to make way for the BG 3.0. Any word on what the 3.0 will be like compared to the 2.0?

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

american_mama
11-02-2007, 05:28 PM
The changes are stronger aplix, non-wicking tabs, and no pilling on the aplix, I think. If I understand the below thread on diaperswappers correctly, some retailers have "new and improved 2.0" that include changes 2 and 3 above, but not the stronger aplix.

And here's me, with my lowly version 1.0, which worked well for me.

Here's a thread on it from diaperswappers:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258415

Post #29 confirms the central question of whether cottonbabies is calling the new ones 3.0 or not. Apparently, they are.

MarisaSF
11-17-2007, 08:08 PM
I just bought my second round of 2.0s (on clearance). Man, I love those diapers! Thought I'd chime in to say that the snaps on my new ones match the diapers. The older 2.0s had white snaps. I just got green and blue ones that have green and blue snaps.

The Aplix on my news ones might be a tad stronger, or maybe my old ones are just worn out. Either way, I never noticed a problem with the old Aplix.

MarisaSF
11-19-2007, 11:53 PM
One more difference on my "new 2.0s" --
On my old 2.0s, the inserts only had one snap-down position. That is, you could only use them fully extended, or snapped down to about 3/4 size. The inserts on the "2.5s"(?), if you will, that I own have two snap-down positions. The first is only about an inch from the top. The second is halfway down (same as the older 2.0).

Ry- I know that doesn't answer your question. I don't believe the company has released deets yet. I have the 1.0s too and I greatly prefer the 2.0s, which I consider just about perfect. I am curious to see if the 3.0s wow me. Frankly I could take or leave the changes I've noted so far about the 2.5s (extra snap on the insert, colored-to-match snaps on the outer diaper, maybe better aplix). One thing I'd like to see are PATTERNS. :) Hey, Bumgenius, are you listening? ;)

BTW- to you fans of the BGS- I recently saw a few that had totally blown-out elastic at the leg. They looked just awful. I looked on the BG website and it says that using certain detergents with additives like dyes and perfumes could cause that. I use a F&C detergent, but I also noted that the website says that using things like baking soda and vinegar could cause harm to the diapers too. FYI, I've used BS and vinegar with no problem, but just thought I'd let you know that if you experience a problem after using BS and vinegar, the warranty is invalid.

MarisaSF
11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
I just realized that I better use bullets because what I wrote above might not be coherent. :P

1.0 -- "crispy" outer, no hot water washes, tabs don't stick together nicely
2.0 -- softer outer, hot wash okay, roll up diaper and stick tabs together while out (my fave feature!)
"2.5" -- aplix changes, two snap-down positions for insert, matching snaps outside

3.0 -- assuming same changes as 2.5, maybe more changes?

Me want: PATTERNS. hee hee.

Man, I had to slap my hand away from the HH one-size with cow print last week. They are so cute, but so do not fit DS well.

pb&j
11-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Thanks, Mris!

The changes don't seem to be earth-shattering for me either. 2 snaps on the insert isn't a huge deal - for a real improvement, I'd rather have a more hourglass shaped insert, but that's just me. :) Oh, and patterns! Or at least less blah colors.

-Ry,
mom to Max, age 1.5
and my girl in heaven

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37124.gif

MarisaSF
11-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Oh! Hourglass shaped insert! Yes! I do tend to reach for the Thirsties. For nights, I double stuff with a Thirsties and a BG.

DS is in cloth FT now since I figured out how to keep him dry at night! He's such a soaker, that I double stuff a BG with microfiber AND I put an Aristocrats wool cover over the whole shebang.) Only his head sticks out of the contraption. ;P

luvsviola
11-20-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow--that's a super soaker!

I've had good luck with a CB microfiber closest to the front (white part), with a WAHM hemp closest to the back. That way the MF absorbs quickly and the hemp soaks up the extra.

DD is a super soaker, but so far that will last us at least 12 hours on weekend mornings. My other love for weeknight bedtime is Nana's Bottoms bamboo velour fitteds with a Bummis polar fleece cover. So far that has been bullet proof too.

MarisaSF
11-21-2007, 12:38 AM
In my experience, the 2 microfibers keep DS dryer than MF plus fleece. Good thing for the OS BG! I'm still testing.

The Wool cover over the whole thing is because I was tired of changing and washing my sheets.

MarisaSF
11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Another FYI -- I was doing more comparison between the old and new BG 2.0s. The new ones have a new tag. On the back are laundry instructions. They say not to use additives, yada yada, and not to use RASH CREAM. WTH? Seems like a lot of CYA, if you ask me.

I can't remember if I wrote this earlier, but I wrote to a rep last week to ask what gives about not using baking soda or vinegar in the wash and she said that anything besides detergent can damage the diapers and the diapers would void the warranty.

daisymommy
11-23-2007, 11:33 AM
The thing with rash cream is if you use something like Desitin that contains fish oil (see cod liver oil in the list of ingredients)--then it will make fabric repell, cause build-up, and therefor leak (the urine will not go thru the suede cloth or fleece, just roll right off and out the leg holes).

This is true for any cloth diaper you use. You can only use something like Balmex, Burt's Bees, or Aquaphor.

MarisaSF
11-24-2007, 08:21 AM
That's interesting. Thanks!
We've only ever used Aquaphor. Good to know.

MarisaSF
11-24-2007, 08:21 AM
That's interesting. Thanks!
We've only ever used Aquaphor. Good to know.