PDA

View Full Version : Starting to CD my 7-month old twins

sarahbrown29
11-02-2007, 02:52 PM
I'd like to start CD with my twins. I love the idea of the Baby Softwraps (and DH won't go with a pocket) but am open to something else. Any ideas? Also, how many do you think I need? I also have a DD who is 2 1/2 and is still in diapers so if I could use these for her as well, that would be a plus.

TIA!

american_mama
11-02-2007, 05:43 PM
How much do the twins weigh? Is your older DD close to potty training? Have you ever used cloth or seen samples?

I hear good things about Baby Softwraps and like how cozy they look at the legholes. The only downside is that they are sized, right? That might be a lot of work at each diaper change, getting the right sized cover, a prefold or the right sized fitted, for three children. You could use a one-size cover like Wonder Wraps (it's the only one I know) and combine it with prefolds or one-size fitteds. You might be able to use one or two different sized prefolds for all the kids, and they could be folded in thirds, which is super easy.

I am not a pro with one-size fitteds, but you could ask back if you are interested. There are also two-size fitteds with 20 pounds being the rough dividing line.

As for how many to buy, I'd plan on changing every 2 hours for their waking hours, with just one diaper for their naptimes. If you know there is something specific that would change that, like if they hate to be wet, seem to be super soakers, or poop exceedingly often, then that would equate to more changes.

Funny, so many DHs love pockets, especially if you pre-stuff them. Has your DH ever seen one? Even with his resistance, I would still strongly recommend a one-size one to try out since it would probably fit all of your kids. One-size should be fitting your twins well at their age and hopefully still fit your older DD. You can buy them with snaps or velcro/aplix, and even (with Baby Kanga's) with the insert placed on the outside where you would never touch poop or pee. I just discovered a nice one-size package at Nicki's Diapers, so you could try out several kinds.