PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing pockets with prefolds?

MarisaSF
11-17-2007, 08:52 PM
Any reason this is not a good idea? Seems like a good use for the outgrown infant PFs.
I've done it a few times, but hadn't heard of others doing the same.

o_mom
11-18-2007, 09:06 AM
We did this all the time until I found microfiber towels at Sams.

tarahsolazy
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
works great, just a tad bulky. We are currently trifolding the infant prefolds in PUL wraps most of the time, and this makes a great dipe.

cinnyf
11-19-2007, 11:55 AM
We just started doing this with our 1 yr dd. She had been soaking through her pocket insert at night. So, we started double stuffing her pocket with an insert and her small prefold. It does make her booty big, but it was a cheap solution to leaking at night.

Puddy73
11-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I often used prefolds when we ran out of inserts. They work fine, but are rather bulky. Gotta love how useful prefolds are!

Jennifer
Mommy to Bunny & Pumpkin

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." - Jimmy Buffett

MarisaSF
11-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Tarah- do you have a special method to trifolding? I've tried it a few times with the infant pfs (like when I'm out without a snappee) and poop gets all over the cover.

FWIW - I was following these instructions: http://www.thediaperhyena.com/prefoldwrapfold.htm

tarahsolazy
11-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Nope, just plain. Poop does get on the cover, but Ber is only pooping every 2-3 days, so its a good bet that she won't poop on any given dipe. We're just using the PFs and AIOs now. Cheapest and spendiest, LOL.

MarisaSF
11-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Ahh... that makes sense for you then. DS poops at least 3 times a day.
Thanks!