PDA

View Full Version : Repelling Pockets: What am I doing wrong

cbscherer
11-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I used to love FB, except now I am rethinking it b/c of that darn repelling fleec.

She is 17 months old and we are having to give up the smalls. Problem is that some of my mediums have larger thighs, so when I put them on her, she sometimes has a gap when she sits around the thigh.

I thought for a while that maybe it was just the fit, but today after my DD woke up from her nap, she peed and it went right out the diaper leg onto her sheets. When I got her up, there was still a large intact puddle of pee on the sheet right under her legs--had not even soaked through the sheet. I check and that FB insert was bone dry, and when I put water on the fleece, it did not soak up. Obviously I have a repelling problem.

Here is my wash routine. Cold rinse, hot wash with Allen's, and 2 cold rinses. I put a drop of teatree oil on a piece of cloth inside the diaper bag to control stink which I wash with the diapers, but I am not sure that this little bit could hurt the whole wash. We have what I think is moderately hard water (a number 10), so I occasionally use calgon. This week I tried to strip, but it still looks like they are repelling.

Any suggestions?