PDA

View Full Version : Posting here, too, where it oughta be! She's finally here!

parkersmama
05-06-2003, 11:50 PM
Hi, everyone! Thanks for your messages wishing us well. I thought I'd let you know (as I'm headed off to get some sleep!) that the baby is here.

Amy Grace (we'll call her by both names) was born Monday, May 5 (Cinco de Mayo! LOL!) at 11:29 a.m. She weighed 9 lbs, 2 oz, and was 20 1/4" long. She is just beautiful :-) and we are all totally smitten with her!!

I started having regular contractions finally on Sunday evening after supper and at some point my water broke, although I didn't know it. We headed to the hospital and got there around midnight. I had painful but manageable contractions all night and ended up with an epidural around 6:30 a.m. In the end, the epidural was great but it took them 3 tries to get it in! Yikes! After not progressing much, the OB decided to give me some pitocin to get things going better. Of course, after that it was all systems go and Amy Grace was born about 3 hours later! The OB on call was not my doctor and one who is very conservative and not really favorable to VBACs so I had to sort of fight him all along the way. He ended up doing a good delivery though so I guess I'll forgive him! I only pushed for about 25 minutes and even though her shoulder got a little stuck I had very minimal tearing. I've actually had more pain from the epidural site and the uterine cramping than the tear so I guess that's good. We left the hospital right after lunchtime Tuesday (I really hate those beds and insisted on an early discharge) so we are all happily at home now.

My dh has updated our website with some pictures of all of us with the baby and you guys can check them out at: http://rhineharts.home.mchsi.com/

I'll try to check in again soon. Thanks again for all your labor vibes...it was really great NOT having to be induced! :-)

momathome
05-08-2003, 09:25 AM
Denise-
Congratulation!!! Amy Grace is just beautiful - her big brothers must be so excited! Enjoy your new little girl!
-Lauren

sunny2003
05-11-2003, 02:41 PM
Congrats - hope you are enjoying your new bundle of joy and your boys as well - she is beautiful! Hope your healing goes well and you are sleeping through the night soon! Happy Mother's Day!

jojo2324
05-15-2003, 10:55 PM
Sorry this is so late, but welcome Amy Grace!! What a big girl!

Glad to hear your labor went well and you were successful with your VBAC. Hope you're getting some much needed rest...How are the boys loving their little sister?