PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Pregnancy/Adoption/Due Date Buddies

mharling
05-28-2003, 12:48 PM
Someone (I forget who and couldn't find the thread) suggested a little while back that we have pregnancy/adoption/due date buddies. The main thought was that parent-to-be could keep their buddy updated re: their progess so the parent-to-be wouldn't be bombarded with questions from lots of different people. The buddy could post any updates or initial arrival news. I'm not taking credit for it, but I think it's a great idea and have a suggestion on implementing it if this is something we want to do.

I was thinking that we could piggy-back the due date calendar. Here's my thought:

1. When adding your post to the calendar, indicate if you would like to have a pregnancy/adoption/due date buddy. (I don't think we can assume that everyone would like one.)

2. If you are interested in being someone's pregnancy/adoption/due date buddy, send them an e-mail introducing yourself and indicate this is something you would like to do for them.

3. If the parent-to-be has heard from someone that they would like to be their buddy, update your post in the calendar and indicate who your buddy is.

If we go forward with this, maybe Sarah (mamahill) could edit the initial calendar post with instructions. If people have already posted to the calendar, they could edit their posts to indicate if they'd like a buddy or not.

What do you all think???? I think this would be very cool and another great way for us to get to know each other.

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

sweetbasil
05-28-2003, 02:02 PM
Sounds like a great idea--- I just updated my post ;) Hopefully there will be an announcement post from Rachel, on my behalf, very soon! :)

atlbaby
05-28-2003, 03:18 PM
I agree, it's a great idea! I can't wait to post Julie's wonderful news, and I hope have her post mine in October!:)

-Rachel--who also would love to post the baby's gender--if they can only figure it out! Maybe next week...

Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2:) EDD 10/24/03

mamahill
05-29-2003, 12:19 AM
Great idea - I basically copied and pasted from your post. Thanks!

mama2be
05-29-2003, 09:24 PM
Splendid Idea...I actually had "my buddies"...but I don't think they all realized how much I "watched" them on these boards and looked at them as 'due date buddies' till more recently.

But I'd say my first was Momof3labs (lori) for some reason I felt we were days away from eachother and we so were not Colin is several moths older than Tristan but I bonded with her post and was so excited watching her in the end and she probably never knew that...

JMarie (jenn) and I were "really" due date buddies and I watched her like a hawk and she freaked me out when she went early...I jsut felt like we went hand in hand there...

...and Caroline too (C99) my "partners in crime" scared me because they went early!!!!

and of course Tammy (Ewahl) I hate to admit this but i didn't think my 9 months was complete until she had Lauren...I felt there was unfinished business till Lauren came...even my hubby had to know what was going on with her he'd always say "how is Tammy????"...:)

Oh you'll love due date buddies!!!-great idea!!!!

MartiesMom2B
06-03-2003, 04:57 PM
Neve was my buddy, and it helped a lot. Lisa too and now our kids are buddies!

Great idea.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03
http://www.mcdyer.com/MartieSurasky.htm

liya
06-04-2003, 10:09 AM
that is such a great idea......i wouldve loved a buddy....count me in