PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

hjdong
06-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Hi - I've been looking at posts for awhile now, so I thought I wold register and introduce myself. My name is Holly and I'm in the process of adopting from China. I have not expected due date or arrival date, as it's a very long process - maybe I'll be done in about 14 months? Hopefully? However, I plan to use the time during my elephant pregnancy to really research different things to buy. My husband and I already have a schedule for buying., I have a friend who is pregnant and just going into BRU to buy her a gift was totally overwhelming, so I'm glad to have both this time and this site. Have a good day.

Holly

chrissyhowie
06-06-2003, 09:55 PM
Hello, Holly! Welcome! Yes, BRU is an overwhelming place! I tell my friends not to step a foot into there without having read the BB book first!

Good luck with your journey towards bringing home a little one from China. Know that you can always turn to these Boards for support at any time during the process. It's nice to meet you!

Karenn
06-07-2003, 12:16 AM
Welcome Holly! I hope you learn as much from the boards as I have! I have to ask: You don't happen to live in Southern California and be married to a guy with family in Seattle do you? (I'm trying not to give out too much information in a public forum.) My DH was good friends with several Dong brothers, and one of them married a Holly. Either way, good luck with the adoption process!

mharling
06-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Welcome Holly! I am so excited for your adoption. My brother and SIL just completed an adoption from Korea and I know it is a long process; so worth it though! My niece is such a precious addition to our family.

My SIL found a great message board for international adoptions. You may have found one already, but if not, let me know and I'll get the info from her.

Good luck!!

Mary
Mommy to Lane Michael 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

hjdong
06-08-2003, 01:50 PM
Hi Karen - Yes, I do! And if I had to guess, I would say you were married to a lawyer, used to teach, and now saty at home with Colin? What a small world! Darren says hi. Holly

atlbaby
06-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Welcome Holly! Good luck in adopting your little one! A dear friend of the family recently adopted a beautiful little baby girl from China and I know it can be a very long process, but with a wonderful result! BRU is a terribly overwhelming place--even when you only have ONE thing to go in and get!:)

Hope to see more of you around the boards!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

Karenn
06-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Hi Holly!
Yes- that description fits. It's so funny to run into you here! We're both so excited that you're going to adopt from China! Maybe you'll get to squeeze in a visit with your brother in-law when you go to China? I hope you'll let us know when you get the baby, and let us know the next time you're in town too! I'm not sure if you have our email address- I'll send it to you through the boards.

jojo2324
06-10-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi Holly!! Best of luck with your adoption process! How exciting.

And BRU is so overwhelming. We can go in there for a package of nipples or something like that and come out with heaven knows what: musical octopus, more stacking toys, spoons, everything!! A very dangerous place indeed-y. :D

Can't wait to see more of you, and for your little girl to be home with you! :D

August Mom
06-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Welcome, Holly. I'm glad you are joining us. Good luck with the overseas adoption process. I hope that it all goes smoothly.

mama2be
06-11-2003, 04:14 AM
Holly, Welcome to the boards...and I so look forward to hearing all of the details of the arrival of your baby!!!! You are in a great community here and we are happy to have you!!!