PDA

View Full Version : Hello Mummies (and Daddies)!

1stTimeMummytoLorelai
06-10-2003, 03:56 PM
My name is Kate. I have just finished the last chapter in my Baby Bargains book and both the book and these boards have been super-helpful already. (I used Bridal Bargains when I got married and got hooked) I am a 1st time mum to be. We are expecting Miss Lorelai in about 15 weeks or so. My husband had to leave for Iraq 2 weeks after we.... well, you know, and he hasn't been able to make it home yet :( . Poor guy has missed everything so far and is just totally kicking himself. I'm also kinda a young first time mom (25 yrs old) and most of my firends are still single and not even remotely thinking about babies yet. I am very excited about my DD on the way, but I am also looking for support anywhere I can find it!!!! :) (See my cry for help/advice in the diaper forum and you'll see what I mean)

Look forward to learning from you all and swaping mummy tips, etc.

liya
06-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Hey Gril so glad of you to join us...Im still quite the little youngling myself im going on 24 this year.... :)....Im here for you if you ever need anything, i dont know much about having a husband in out in Iraq but i sure as hell can understand how you feel and how he must feel..Just know if you ever need anything jsut email me at [email protected] I do understand about being a young mommy...And im aslo proud of my son...Some of my friends have kids but they are either going on their 30's or in them.....About the diaper thing i can help you as much as these ladies helped and are still helping me, just let me know....Congrats on the arrival Mummy(lol)....:)

August Mom
06-10-2003, 09:49 PM
Welcome. I'm glad your joining us.

jojo2324
06-10-2003, 10:29 PM
Hullo Kate! Thanks for climbing out of the woodwork!

So sorry to hear about your husband's deployment...I hope he is home soon with his two lovely ladies!

This message board has been an absolute lifesaver for me. Like you, I am a young mama (23) and I have NO friends who have had children, or are really even close. As somebody once put it..."So wait. All of your mommy friends are virtual?" Little does she know! :D

This is the kindest and most compassionate group of people I have ever encountered, and their wisdom and advice have gotten me through some rough spots. If you're looking for support, you've come to the right place! :D

mama2be
06-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Kate I am glad you came out of the wood works and introduced yourself. I am amazed that DH is in Iraq and that you are just now introducing yourself...I'd like to think we could have helped in some way...We're here for you if needed!!!!
Hugs!!!

mamahill
06-11-2003, 11:23 AM
Welcome Kate! I hope you are doing well and hanging in there. So glad you're on the boards - we're here for you for ANYTHING!!!

mharling
06-12-2003, 01:44 AM
Welcome and best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

chrissyhowie
06-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Hello, Kate! I started with the Fields' Bridal Bargains book too! They sure know how to put together useful information (including this great message board!).

I hope you enjoy the last few months of your pregnancy. Make sure you take lots of pictures including belly shots so you can share them with your hubby! Best wishes that he comes home soon!

jen_jord
06-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Hi! I am hooked on the Baby Bargains book as well and I love this message board. Everyone is so supportive and helpful, and all the advice is great.

I also know how you feel being a young mom (I'm 24) with lots of childless friends, but I like knowing I can at least talk to other moms even if it is online. Congratulations on your little one on the way and I hope your husband comes home soon!

1stTimeMummytoLorelai
06-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks everybody!!!!

What a warm welcome!?

Got good news that says DH may be home as soon as 3-4 weeks. I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed! Thanks for the support.

Kate

Marisa6826
06-19-2003, 02:51 PM
Kate-

Congratuations on your pregnancy and welcome! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your DH will be home safe and sound before you know it.

Remember we're all here for you! Welcome!

-m