PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know you...getting to know all about you!

partyof5
06-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Hello! My name is Cindy and I've enjoyed reading everyone's stories and seeing everyone's darlings grow in their avatar photos. You gals (and guys) make me laugh and cry! I've been a lurker and part time poster but now I want to join in the fun too!

I'm 31 yrs old, live in the Windy City and I'm a SAHM to three wonderful children (hence my username: me + DH + 3 kids = partyof5). Isabella 3 yrs old, Sophia 19 months, and Ethan 2 months. Ethan is the little angel you see sleeping in my avatar. I never IMAGINED having 3 kids, let alone all under the age of 4, but I love being a Mom. Yes, sometimes it can get crazy when all three are crying at the same time and chaos is in the air but those are the times I just keep a sense of humor and laugh.:7

I work twice a month as a medical technologist at one of the hospitals to keep up my skills and have "me" time. There's nothing like a little time away from the little ones to help you appreciate them more. Plus, it helps feed my stroller habit.

As my time permits, which is usually in the wee hours of the morning, I hope to contribute more to the boards and ultimately get to know all of you!:-)

mama2be
06-11-2003, 04:10 AM
Cindy I am glad that you came out to introduce yourself...it sounds like you do have a constant "party" going on over at your house...it sounds like tons of fun!!!

Welcome to the boards!!! You are sure to be an incredible asset here with 3 under 4 I bet you have tons of tid bits to share!!!

jojo2324
06-11-2003, 09:16 AM
Welcome Cindy!!!

Wow, you have your hands full! :D I come from a big family, and it definitely gets a bit...noisy at times, but it's great to have that many people around you.

And no worries, we'll help fuel the stroller habit! :D

mamahill
06-11-2003, 11:25 AM
Wow - glad to meet all 5 of you! Looking forward to learning from such a seasoned mom! :) Glad you intro'd yourself!

August Mom
06-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Welcome!

egoldber
06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Welcome! Looking forward to hearing lots of "been there done that" stuff from you!

mharling
06-12-2003, 01:40 AM
Welcome from a fellow Chicago-lander!! If you look in the Lounge, you'll see that there's talk of a Chicago area get-together.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b33928e40550

chrissyhowie
06-12-2003, 06:51 PM
Hello, Cindy! I love the names of all your children. As a fellow Bugaboo fan too, I must say that you have excellent taste ;)! As for the wee hours of the morning, it's always nice to know you're not alone cruising around these boards!!

My time in Chicago is so quickly coming to an end. I'm so sad that I'll be missing the Chicago get-together! I hope you ladies have a great and fun day!

MartiesMom2B
06-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Cindy, Ethan is beautiful. I hope that you don't mind me saying that about a boy. I'm sure the rest of the party is too.

Welcome. We're so glad to have you.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

emilyr
06-14-2003, 10:18 PM
Hello, fellow "lab rat"!!!!! (That is what DH has resorted to calling me anyway) I haven't officially introduced myself but it is nice to have you here. I used to work midnights in a hospital so it was on SLOW nights (yeah right!) that I discovered these boards. One of these days I'll get around to introducing myself and DS -- until then, welcome.

Emily

partyof5
06-19-2003, 02:16 AM
Thanks for all the welcomes! Although I have 3 kids, each one is different and there's always something new for me to learn. I can't wait to experience being a new Mom all over again with all of you!

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

partyof5
06-19-2003, 02:18 AM
Neve,

I love reading your posts. I laughed soooo loud about your wooden toy shopping spree at Tuesday Morning that I woke the baby up! LOL.

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

partyof5
06-19-2003, 02:22 AM
Hopefully I can make the get together! Maybe you'll be able to get together with some Moms at the city that you're moving to.
Hope your moving day goes smoothly!

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

partyof5
06-19-2003, 02:25 AM
Thank you for the complement. Sometimes I get teary eyed just looking at him when he's asleep.

Martie is such a cutie, too!

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

partyof5
06-19-2003, 02:29 AM
I wanted to work the night shift but DH said no. Our third shift always has a feast to eat and the workload isn't so bad until 5am. I'd probably have to fight over one of the computers though, LOL.

~Cindy
mommy to...
Isabella (1999)
Sophia (2001)
Ethan (2003)

Marisa6826
06-19-2003, 02:47 PM
Welcome Cindy!

And may I compliment you on your second daughter's name :)

Looking forward to having you join us :)

-m

emilyr
06-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Lucky you!! Our night shift had to scrounge for food because the cafeteria was on limited service and only open til 2 am. Which, by chance is when the morning run started (we have a couple of docs who come in by 3am most days!!!) The only time I had a shot at the computer without creating all kinds of havoc was when I was in the ER lab. Many nights there was a slowdown after 2-3am until 6 so it was either sleep with your eyes open so you didn't get caught, or surf the net. SSSOOOO glad to be at a day shift job now in a POL!!

Emily