PDA

View Full Version : The Book, The Zooper and my Preemie

Tulip7171
07-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Hello everyone. I hope I'm doing this right...I've never posted on a message board before.
I read Baby Bargains like it was the Bible while I was pregnant...became obsessed with picking the perfect stroller. I finally selected the Zooper Sport. I did not like dealing with Sharon at KidStock...she sent the wrong stroller and then gave me a hard time until I contacted Zooper directly. They were great, as the Book told me they would be. I finally got the correct one (the CoolZone for hot Florida weather). It looks great, but I haven't gotten to use it because Henry Robert is still at the hospital. He was a 28 week preemie, but is doing well. Started out at 2lbs 4 oz and is now 3lbs. 15 oz.
If anyone has any comments on their Zooper Sport or has any insight into preemie land, I'd love to hear them.

chrissyhowie
07-05-2003, 09:33 AM
Big congrats to little Henry Robert! I'm so glad to hear he's doing well. Welcome to the Boards!

mamahill
07-05-2003, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the boards! Off the top of my head, Norah (nathansmom) and Celeste (celfsh) both have Zooper Sports and love them.

Speedy growing vibes to Henry Robert - and moral support vibes to YOU - it can't be easy having a baby in the hospital. Looking forward to getting to know you better:).

August Mom
07-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Welcome to the boards! And, welcome to the world, Henry Robert. I hope that he gets to come home soon.

nathansmom
07-06-2003, 10:55 PM
Hello!! Welcome to the boards. I hope Henry is doing good, I know its hard to leave them in NICU. Nathan wasn't early but we were in there for a week. Sounds like Henry is doing great though.
Celeste and I have Zooper Buddy's and we both love the Zoopers. I don't know much about the Sport. I do know that Zoopers customer service has been great.

Keep us updated on Henry's progress.

kapow
07-07-2003, 01:09 PM
Congrats on your baby's progress, and your selection of a fine stroller :)

My husband works with a woman who gave birth at 23 weeks. She finally brought her baby home recently. If you'd like her email addy I could get it from him, let me know if you're interested. It's always great to talk with someone in your same situation.

I wish Henry continued good progress!

mharling
07-07-2003, 03:26 PM
Congrats and a big welcome to Henry!!!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

Rachels
07-08-2003, 07:28 AM
Welcome, Henry! And welcome to the boards. We look forward to hearing about his progress.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

celfsh
07-08-2003, 11:46 AM
Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to the boards! I do love my Zooper Buddy--it's a great quality stroller and Zooper's customer service is second to none. Plus, it looks cool! We always get lots of compliments on it!

Hope Henry comes home soon! Please keep us posted!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

KMommie
07-08-2003, 06:42 PM
Congrats to you and Baby Henry! I just got my Cool Zone Zooper Sport---for the hot So. Cal weather and I also had trouble making sure I received the right one, as I had to special order it. USA Baby kept asking me if I wanted the red or the navy. I kept telling them it only comes in one color!! Anyway, DD is 11 weeks old and she's been in it twice so far, we both love it. We took it to the park for a 4th of July celebration and it was super hot, but DD was comfy and protected in her Cool Zone. :)

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

MommytoDylan
07-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Welcome! Though my little boy was born only a month early, due to complications he was in the NICU for 15 days. It was the longest, scariest 15 days of my life. We have a little photo album my husband carries around to accounts (he's in sales) because everyone always asks to see the baby. It is really amazing to look through the album because you can see the progression to healthiness so clearly. Someone that looked at it recently said, "If only you knew here (pointing to a picture of Dylan in the hospital) what you know here" (pointing to a fat, happy picture of Dylan now). In no time you will be holding a fat, happy baby in your arms.

Please email me if you have any questions. I'd love to help in anyway I can.

Andrea S
07-10-2003, 08:47 AM
Welcome Henry Robert. I am glad to hear he is doing well and hope he can come home soon.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

Rhonda36
07-11-2003, 08:20 AM
Congrats and welcome little Henry.

No advice here on preemies, my DS was a week late, but we still spent two long weeks in the hospital with him. At 7 lbs. 9 ozs., he looked huge compared to all his little cellmates in the NICU! It was always very cool to see one of the little ones get to go home. It seems like forever now, but Henry will soon be home with you where he belongs.

I have a Zooper Sport, and haven't had the chance to use it much but so far it's great. Even better is Zooper's customer service -- I had a problem with the frame, and they sent me a new one -- no questions asked.

Take good care,
Rhonda

jojo2324
07-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Congrats on the arrival of baby Henry! Hope he is home with you soon!

atlbaby
07-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Congratulations and welcome Henry Robert! I am glad to hear he is doing well and hope that he will be home with you soon! Welcome to the Boards--hope to see more of you around!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
#2EDD 10/24/03-Another Girl!:)

C99
07-17-2003, 09:02 PM
Congrats and welcome to the world, Henry! I really like that name, btw. It was on our names list until my husband zinged it. :) We also have a preemie, although b/c Nate was born at 35 weeks, we haven't had too many issues as a result of his prematurity...at least so far. For general preemie questions and support though, Baby Center has a great bulletin board for parents of premature babies. I've found the women there to be incredibly helpful and nice.

HTH

smomom
07-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Congratulations on the birth of Henry Robert. I hope he is still doing great.

I have a Zooper Sport. I have been extremely happy with it. No complaints - other than I would love to have an adjustable handle height. As you have found, Zooper's customer service cannot be beaten.

I expect you have many happy days of strollering Henry Robert ahead of you!

Keep us posted on his progress!