PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Gabriel Logan

Lori in NJ
08-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Hello all,

I just posted this on the b*tching post b/c I was SO frustrated I was never going to go into labor...

My water broke at 10:30p, we got to the hospital at 1 am and the contractions TOTALLY started picking up--they checked me at 1:30a and I was only 3cm--WHAT??? (I had been dilated 2-3 cm for OVER a week!!!) By 2:30 am the epidural was placed (WOW! I had NO idea what labor contractions would be like!!!!) and by 5am I was 7 cm dilated...by 6am I was complete, however I started feeling contractions and REFUSED to push until they topped off my epidural. By 7am I started pushing but the dr had to keep leaving so they had me 'hang out'--however, the goal was to get the baby out by 8am b/c that's when the dr changed shifts. I ended up delivering with the same dr that delivered my son last year, did my HSG, did my cerclage, etc. so it was EXTRA special and ironically, my L&D nurse is the woman who leads my PALS (preg after loss support) group--talk about luck!!! Lo & behold just before 8am the head was 1/2 way out and everyone was saying "she" (did I ever tell you guys that EVERYONE but me & my sister SWORE this baby was a girl???) and I was screaming about pressure and asking what they were doing to me... It turns out the head was actually just coming out of me w/o my pushing!!! All of a sudden I heard "don't push, we need to suction a bit" and I gave a little push more and heard "look it must be a girl, she's playing w/the cord around her neck like it's a necklace" and the dr said "here she comes...and it's a .....BOY!!!!!!!!!"

All I could do was yell "OMIGOD!!!! OMIGOD!!! OMIGOD!!!!" and they put him on my tummy and there it was... the most incredible gift I could EVER EVER EVER imagine. I'm bawling as I type this b/c I cannot even begin to describe what this feels like... He is SO alert and absolutely GORGEOUS (I promise I'll attach a pic w/i the next day or so). Every u/s pic we have has his right hand next to his face and now that he's out of the womb, we cannot swaddle that hand or EVER move it away from his face (esp during bf'ing!!!)

The stats are that he was born on 8/8 at 8:00am (how wild!) and he weighed 7 lbs exactly--19.5 inches. The delivery was SO quick and easy that I needed 1-2 stitches and have felt GREAT ever since (albeit I'm tired as hell).

Tomorrow is my first son's old due date--I cry for him when I realize what I lost, but I realize that he's truly a guardian angel b/c I could never have imagined that after all I endured I would feel SO grateful for everything I've got.

I've been dreaming for SO long about the day I could post this news and my day has come. Thank you all SOOOOOOOO... much for your support. I cannot wait for those who are currently pregnant to experience this b/c it's more amazing than I could've imagined.

Lori

mama2be
08-12-2003, 09:28 PM
Lori,
I jsut responded to your other post...but wanted to celelbrate here also!!!! Congrats to you and little Gabriel and the family!!!!
You sound like you are doing super!!!!
Keep us updated I'll be thinking about you guys!!!

ismommy
08-12-2003, 09:30 PM
Congrats and welcome to Gabriel. enjoy every moment (I know you will). IMO parenting just gets better and better and every stage is my favorite.

Helene
Isabella's mama

houseof3boys
08-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Lori Congratulations!!! Happy baby to you and little Gabriel.

Karenn
08-13-2003, 12:07 AM
Congratulations Lori! That's just wonderful! I'm so glad your little boy finally arrived happy and healthy!

mharling
08-13-2003, 12:07 AM
I had tears reading your post. I can totally feel your elation! A big congrats to you and welcome to Gabriel. Can't wait to see a pic!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

jojo2324
08-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Lori, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I cannot imagine the elation you must be feeling right now. I am so happy for you! I am close to tears myself! :D

Can't wait to see pics...I love the name! Congrats again! :D

newbelly2002
08-13-2003, 09:16 AM
I am absolutely thrilled for you. And in answer to your earlier question (although it sounds like you already have your answer!), yes, motherhood is amazing, wonderful, and like nothing else in the world. You've waited a long, long time, and deserve every ounce of Gabriel Logan to love and cherish for the rest of your lives. Congrats!

Paula, Mama to Dante
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32384e84594 -6/25 update

celfsh
08-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Congratulations--that's fantastic news! Welcome to the world, Gabriel! Glad you're finally here safe and sound!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

lizajane
08-13-2003, 10:33 AM
i am just sitting here reading and crying. i almost want to wake up my son and hug him! you deserve all your happiness and that baby boy deserves it, too!!

you will have so much fun with him. i can't wait to hear all the great stories of his first weeks and months.

liza

khakismom
08-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Lori, congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your baby boy! I got goosebumps just reading your post and feeling your elation. This is such a special time and I'm so excited for you! Be sure and post a picture of your new little angel! :)

...Maureen

Mom to
Kathleen 3/22/01
Ellen 6/4/03

chrissyhowie
08-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Lori,

I'm sitting here all choked up reading your post! You can be sure that Gabriel's guardian angel will forever be watching over him :). CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family for your new bundle of joy!!

mary b
08-14-2003, 12:18 PM
Congrats!!!! That's awesome. Welcome to this crazy world of motherhood! So glad everything has worked out for you!

Mary

Marisa6826
08-14-2003, 01:09 PM
Lori-

From one Mommy of a both an "angel baby" and a "living baby" - CONGRATULATIONS~~~!

I told you it was worth the wait.

And yes, we will ALWAYS have our little guardian angels looking after us.

Enjoy your wonderful son

hugs

-m

PS - Don't forget to change your sig line! :)

trumansmom
08-14-2003, 03:09 PM
Congrtulations! I found myself crying as I read your post. Isn't childbirth the most amazing gift?

Also, today is the second anniversary of the edd for my first pregnancy as well. Maybe they are buddies?

Wishing you all the joy you deserve! Congratulations again!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01

cinrein
08-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Lori,

Congratulations--you DID it!

As another Mommy to an angel baby and earth baby, I started crying when I got to your description of seeing your son for the first time. Yes, it is truly amazing. I have this feeling when I hold my DD that somehow, in ways that I will never understand (at least in this life), things worked out just as they were supposed to. It's much easier to accept that now that I have a baby in my arms.

Hugs to you as you go through you angel's due date. My goodness you are still grieving you first loss, so don't be suprised if your grief intensifies over the next several weeks. I did and Anna was born 2 1/2 years after the loss of my first. Those hormones are powerful and you might very well feel total joy one minute and grief the next because you realize what you "missed" with your first. It's all normal. Please feel free to email me if you need an ear.

I'm so happy for you--enjoy Gabriel!

Cindy
Mama to Anna 2/11/03

StaceyKim
08-15-2003, 11:33 AM
congrats!!!
can't wait to see a picture

Annette_C
08-15-2003, 10:28 PM
Congratulations, Lori!!!
I'm so happy for you!!! Yours is such a heartwarming story that it's sure to give hope to others.
Welcome little Gabriel!! May the sun always shine on you and be sure to make your mommy and daddy proud!:)
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02

mamahill
08-18-2003, 04:18 PM
Just returned from vacation and saw your wonderful news. Congratulations to you and welcome Gabriel! Looking forward to pics!!:)

August Mom
08-18-2003, 07:24 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy your blessing. Parenthood is wonderful, as it sounds you already know.

Andrea S
08-20-2003, 07:49 AM
Welcome baby Gabriel and Congrats.

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

elvisfan
08-25-2003, 01:24 PM
What a moving birth story-congrats!

cara1
08-25-2003, 10:01 PM
Wow. So happy. Sounds like Gabriel really has a guardian angel. Where are the pictures?