PDA

View Full Version : Been here awhile.......(long)

Bethann31
09-01-2003, 08:25 AM
I figure since it seems to be the time to introduce ourselves, I would join the action. I have actually been on the boards for well ove 6 months, but never post anything, because someone has always beat me to it.

I have 3 children from a previous marriage, ages 13, 11 and 8. They live with DH and I one week and then live with their father a week. Most of the time it works, and they love and adore David, which is why we decided to add one more to our brood. He and I were married 3/9/02 in Indiana. We moved our wedding 500 miles away from our homes in North Georgia because my mom had just been diagnosed with cancer and couln't travel. About 50 friends and relatives traveled with us to share our special day. It was overwhelmingly sad when my mom passed away less than a week after I found out I was pregnant, but I know that our daughter has 2 grandmas in heaven watching over her, (DH's mom was killed in 1988 in a car accident) and a couple on earth watching over her (DH has a biological mom he has recently connected with) so we are very lucky.

Katherine Grace was born on 6/4 at 8lbs. 6oz. I was gestational diabetic yet again, so she started out a bit bigger, but at her 2 month checkup was right at the 50th percentile in weight and 60th in height.

I live in North Georgia so I would love to come the next time there is a get together in North or South Carolina. Sounds like a ton of fun. We go up to Asheville and Charlotte semi-regularly, but Katherine hasn't made the trip yet.

Beth
mom to 3 and then 1 more

August Mom
09-01-2003, 10:01 AM
Beth,

I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself. It's nice to "meet" you. Welcome!

amp
09-02-2003, 04:05 PM
Welcome! Glad you decided to un-lurk!

MartiesMom2B
09-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Beth:

Welcome! Your daughter is blessed to have her special angels watching over her.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

mharling
09-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Welcome!! Thanks for de-lurking and introducing yourself!! Katherine Grace is a beautiful name (and of course she's beautiful too! ;) ).

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

chrissyhowie
09-03-2003, 04:58 PM
Hi! I hope your three kids are enjoying their new little sister! And I am definitely sure all the grandmas, both here and in spirit, are! Thanks for the intro and welcome!

elvisfan
09-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Nice to see you here, Beth:) Mary

jd11365
09-05-2003, 08:44 PM
Welcome! Love the headband bow...Kayla always has one on...even though I always swore I would never do that. The bigger and more obnoxious the better!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5/1/03

kathsmom
09-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Hi, Beth!

Welcome to the boards! I live in Georgia too! North Georgia is so beautiful! We are hoping to go to Bert's Pumpkin Patch this October so that Andrew (our almost 1 year old DS) and Katherine (our 7 year old DD) can get some pictures together!

My daughter is named after both her Grandmothers. Katherine was my MIL's middle name. She died 2 months before DH and I got married and she wanted a granddaughter so badly. DH's sister and brother only had sons. So, we only felt it appropriate to name her after DH's mom. DH's brother and sister say that Katherine reminds them a lot of their mother. I know that she is watching over Katherine and Andrew!

Again, welcome to the boards! Take care!

jojo2324
09-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Beth! Thanks for de-lurking!!

DH's mother passed away about 5 years ago, so she never saw us married or with our babies. But we definitely know that she's with us somewhere, making sure that all goes well. We talk about her frequently, and our children will always know her as Granma.

mama2be
09-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Beth-Katherine is beautiful!!!
Welcome to the boards, glad you finally de lurked :)...

Marisa6826
09-08-2003, 10:22 PM
Welcome Beth!

So glad to "meet" you.

You certainly have your hands full with three plus a new one.

Looking forward to seeing your posts here now that you've de-lurked yourself.

-m

gour0
11-19-2003, 01:22 PM
Beth, can't wait to meet you! I hope I can go to the GA gathering on Saturday.

Rachels
11-22-2003, 08:58 AM
Welcome, Beth! Thanks for joining us!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Beth,
Welcome tot he boards...I live in the Raleigh area...hold onto my email and if you are in town...or want to come let me know!!!
[email protected] - our area has a strong presence here!!! :)
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties