PDA

View Full Version : Time to introduce myself...

kalebsmama
09-04-2003, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone! I have been lurking these boards for months but only recently got up the nerve to actually post. (kind of shy I guess!) Anyways, I thought it was time to introduce myself.
My name is Jan and I am a SAHM to Kaleb who is almost 19 months old. My DH and I have been married six years. He has 2 sons that lived with us every other week. The youngest came to live with us full time 2 years ago. They are now a freshman and sophomore in college. I kind of did things backwards raising teenagers before a toddler! I'm not sure which is harder!
I have found so much useful information on these boards and feel that I know many of you already. I have some of you to thank for the load of CD's in my washing machine at this moment getting broken in before our big switch to cloth! LOL!
I look forward to getting to know you all better. Thanks!

amp
09-04-2003, 02:44 PM
Geez - You de-lurkers are coming out of the woodwork! :) Hi Jan...Welcome to the boards. Look forward to getting to know you too!

chrissyhowie
09-05-2003, 08:11 AM
Hi, Jan! Thanks for the intro. I remember what it was like when I posted for the first time -- I was nervous too! (Why, I don't know! This is a very safe place :)!) It's fun and educational so I'm glad you've decided to join in! Welcome!

elvisfan
09-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Welcome Jan!!! I love the name Kaleb, btw..we considered that same(only with the C spelling) when I was pg with 1&2 but we had girls. Oh well. Mary

kathsmom
09-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Hi, Jan!

Welcome to the boards! You will find a warm, welcoming community here! I know I was scared the first time I posted, but everyone came through and answered all my questions. There is a 6 year age difference between my children and when I had DD, we lived in a small town and the internet was just not widely used then. So I had no idea about all the great products that had been introduced since she was born!

Again, welcome to the boards!

jojo2324
09-06-2003, 08:31 PM
Welcome Jan!! I was nervous with my first post too...I think it was about Baby Bjorns and changing tables. Now I head straight to the Lounge! :)

I tell my mom about these boards all the time, and she wishes she had had something like it when raising her children. She can tell they help me so much.

mharling
09-06-2003, 11:35 PM
Welcome!!! Isn't it funny how making the first post is so nerve-wracking? I must have read and reread my first post a jazillion times before I mustered up the courage to click 'Post'. :D Glad you're here and introduced yourself.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

jec2
09-07-2003, 03:24 PM
Hi from another recent de-lurker. It feels good, doesn't it?!

mama2be
09-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Jan, Kaleb is adorable!!!!!
So glad that you are here!!!

Marisa6826
09-08-2003, 10:27 PM
Welcome Jan!

So glad to see that everybody's decided to come out of hiding.

This is just a wonderful place - no need to be shy ;)

Looking forward to seeing you here.

-m