PDA

View Full Version : Since I got booted, I may as well introduce myself...

NancyJ_redo
09-05-2003, 03:12 PM
This is a bit delayed but because my original username (NancyJ) has, as of this morning, been deactivated for some reason, I have to reregister and may as well introduce myself now!

I don't know what happened to my original account, but I'm thinking that the "notifications" I was registering for but not receiving were being blocked by my employer's firewall. I think the Fields' dropped me as a result. Damn!! Just when I was accumulating enough posts to (maybe, almost) get some feedback and just when I finally managed to post DS' avatar after many months of admiring every else's little hotties.

So...let's see...I'm a first time mom, Braeden is now a little over 3 months old and DH and I are finally settling into a routine with him and loving this parenting thing. I regretfully started back to work about 3 weeks ago, I'm an attorney for a major computer corporation but fortunately get to work from home for now. Although I feel really lucky to be able to work from home, it kills me to see how much DS loves his nanny (more than me?) and how much fun they have together as they get ready to go on walks, go to the library, play outside, etc. But again, given that I have to work for financial reasons, it's the best situation I could hope for. I admire all of you SAHM's and Flagger :)

I LOVE these boards and yes, I'm definitely addicted. I was really bummed not to be able to post this morning, especially because the sex posts made my morning! So you mean I'm not the only one turning down DH day after day?

So that's it for me. Oh, one last thing, if any of you happened to see House Hunters last night, that was me and DH. That's our one claim to fame...corny as it is!

Nancy

August Mom
09-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Oh. I wish you'd reminded us before the House Hunters episode aired. How fun. Welcome back, I guess. It's nice that you introduced yourself officially.

elvisfan
09-05-2003, 04:11 PM
Nice to "meet" you,Nancy:) Mary

kathsmom
09-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Hi, Nancy!

I remember that you posted on the thread about being on a Baby Story that you were going to be on House Hunters! So, every Thursday night, I made sure to watch for a newlywed couple that ended up being 7 months pregnant at the follow-up interview! I thought it might be you, but wasn't sure. I tried to e-mail you to see if it was you, but like you said, your account was deactivated! I really liked the house you got. I was so disappointed when you originally didn't get it! My DD wants to move to CA so that we can be on House Hunters, Weekend Warriors, Designers' Challenge, or Designing for the Sexes (can you tell that we love HGTV at our house?). We keep telling her that we just can't up and move to CA to be on a show, but she sees no problem with it!LOL!

Good to have you back on the boards!

I am currently a SAHM. I think it is great that you are able to work out of the house for right now! Could it be a permanent thing for you? Or do you have to be at the office?

Take care and welcome back!

LisaMom2Allie
09-06-2003, 01:05 AM
I was just sort of "half watching" you know as you do a dozen other things never really getting to sit down and watch an entire program anymore. I wish I had paid more attention were you the couple that got the house close to the beach and had the great office with the cranberry red wall?

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

jojo2324
09-06-2003, 08:27 PM
Oh no!!! Well, first welcome...And now oh no!! I LOVE house hunters, and I remember you saying you were going to be on an episode...Do you think it will air again soon?? I am going to investigate...:)

I think it's great you get to work out of home. My last day at work is tomorrow, and I starting to get the willy-nillies, realizing that means NO money coming in thanks to me!

And of COURSE Braeden loves you the most! :)

mharling
09-06-2003, 11:31 PM
Hi Nancy!! I noticed a post of yours last night by 'NancyJ redo' before I saw this post. I was going to ask you what happened. Very strange.

I have your House Hunters episode recorded on Tivo. If I can figure out how to transfer it to a video tape, I'd be happy to send it on to anyone who is interested. Maybe we could get a 'chain letter' going with it. :)

Oh, and 'welcome' officially!!!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3237413c427 - New 6/18

jec2
09-07-2003, 03:28 PM
Hi and welcome back. I think we caught your House Hunters episode, although I only saw the end since I seem to fall asleep so easily these days! Are you the one with the home office with a red wall?

jojo2324
09-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Argh, I caught an episode tonight, and thought, is that them??? But the lady's name was Anisa. At the end, she was about 6-7 months pregnant though!! And she was a website designer...So close! (They did get a nice house! :))

mama2be
09-08-2003, 01:24 PM
Nancy sorry you had to change your user name :)...but we are glad that you are here!!!! I wish I saw that episode!!!!

Marisa6826
09-08-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi Nancy!

How cool that you already have a claim to fame! Being that Jonathan and I just started seriously house hunting I can only imagine the additional stress of doing it with a camera crew!!

Sorry that you got caught up in a stupid computer glitch. Just a sign of the times, huh?

Looking forward to seeing you here. Hold onto your pants, parenthood will just begin to get interesting now that Braeden is out of his "fourth trimester"! ;)

-m

NancyJ_redo
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone...Thanks for the welcomes, I'm really happy to be meeting such wonderful mommies online, if only it was in real life and...um...didn't take so much time away when I'm supposed to be working :).

Yes, the cranberry office wall is ours. This is the room I spend way too many hours in every day.

I checked the House Hunters website to see when it might be on again. I know they re-run the shows really often, but for now it shows only the original air dates from last week. I'll pay attention to it and will post something when I find it's going to be on again It feels a little weird to do that..."hey everyone look at me", which is why I didn't post when I knew it was going to be on last week, but at the same time I know I'd want to see other board moms on TV if they were going to be on.

Thanks again for the welcomes, this is a great board to be involved with.

houseof3boys
09-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Nancy I wish I had seen the episode!!! I remember you saying something before about it. Welcome back...I remembered you and Braeden because he and Ryan have the same birthday!

chrissyhowie
09-09-2003, 10:50 PM
Hello, NancyJ! I wish I saw your episode on House Hunters! It's a fantasy of mine to be on one of those home makeover shows, but we're on the wrong coast! Good to have you back!

amp
09-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Nancy, Welcome back! Love the name Braeden. Looking forward to getting to know you on the boards!

MartiesMom2B
09-12-2003, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the boards. I remembered your post about House Hunters. Too bad I didn't watch it. :(

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you!

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03