PDA

View Full Version : Finally introducing myself

esianoyam3
09-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Well, I just tried posting this, but it didn't seem to work.:-(

I've made a few posts on the boards over the last few months, and I thought I'd finally officially introduce myself.

My name is Shallyse. DH and I are expecting our first baby (a girl) on November 4. Things are getting pretty hectic these last few weeks- we're moving in with my parents so that we can put DH through school, so we're busy finishing their basement and getting the temporary upstairs nursery ready. We're moving next week (FINALLY getting out of our horrid apartment).

I'm seriously considering becoming a SAHM. We've weighed things financially, and really won't be making any more money if I continue to commute to work every day. Besides, I really want to be there for DD on a regular basis.

I've learned so much and found so many deals on the message boards already. Since this is my first baby and I feel like I don't know ANYthing, I'm sure I'll be posting on a regular basis. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

peanut4us
09-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Welcome Shallyse. I'm so glad you are joining us. It sounds like things are kind of challenging right now, but you've come to a great place for support.

I think there are a few other folks on the boards whose DH's are going through school too, so maybe they can impart some tips and tricks to you.

amp
09-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Welcome Shallyse! Glad you've decided to join us. I look forward to getting to know you.

nathansmom
09-27-2003, 08:07 PM
Welcome Shallyse. I can't wait to hear about your birth.

mharling
09-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Welcome Shallyse and congrats on your upcoming arrival! Can't wait for you to post your news!!! :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

bluej
09-29-2003, 08:55 AM
Welcome Shallyse! My DH was in grad school when we had our first, Defense Language Institute when we had our second, and now getting his PhD while we had our third, so I know a little something about having a 'student' and a new baby! It can be both a blessing and a curse! I hope that your move goes/went well and that you enjoy the last weeks of your pregnancy.

Rachels
10-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Welcome!!! :)

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

momma_boo
10-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Welcome Shallyse!

I'm a new mom and this board can be a GREAT resource for information on everything baby-related or not.

Best of luck the last month of your pregnancy!

August Mom
10-05-2003, 09:38 PM
Welcome!

chrissyhowie
10-06-2003, 08:59 PM
Hi, Shallyse. I hope moving is going smoothly and you are starting to settle in to your new digs. Congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy!