PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Noah and Mom

new_mommy25
09-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Ladies and Gents, may I officially join your group?
I discovered the boards early in my pregnancy and they have been the most helpful thing. Having absolutely no experience with babies, these boards are what I turned to when I needed to choose a crib, a stroller, the layette etc. These boards are so addicting and I'm constantly reading things out loud to my husband.
We've been together for six years and have been living in Seattle for the past three. We are both originally from Hawaii and grew up about a mile apart. We are both in the restaurant business. I was planning to return to my job as manager after three months, but after DS arrived we've been seriously discussing me being a SAHM. I just can't imagine leaving my son for 8 hours a day.
Our son Noah was born exactly on his due date, September 6, at 11:03pm. He is three weeks old today. He is the most amazing thing in my life and I still have trouble believing he is actually mine. For nine months I have been wondering what things would be like and now being a mom seems like the most natural thing in the world. Like the other night when after a feeding he spit up that cottage cheese like substance all over me, the boppy, the rocker and the carpet, we just sat there laughing and praising Noah for being such a "good boy and getting it all out".
I love being a mom and I look forward to shring my experiences with all of you on the boards.
Thanks for letting me share.
https://www.growingfamily.com/webnursery/babypage_view.asp?URLID=6W2R2T2P0U

pritchettzoo
09-27-2003, 06:58 PM
Hello! I have the same "I can't believe this wonderful creature is mine" feeling too! (And the same addiction to the boards, although drastically reduced since Gracie appeared...)

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

P.S. I tried to look at your pictures, but the link wouldn't let me (password protected, but I would hesitate to post the password in case private information is on there...). Noah looks awfully cute from your avatar!

nathansmom
09-27-2003, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the boards. I couldn't see your pictures either but you avatar is cute.

mharling
09-28-2003, 02:24 PM
Welcome Noah!!!! And thanks for introducing yourself. I love reading about other people here. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32e1840e40d - New 9/8

bluej
09-29-2003, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the boards Angie and Noah. I look forward to hearing about all of your wonderful mommy experiences.

mamahill
09-29-2003, 05:31 PM
Welcome Angie and Noah! Glad to meet you - this place IS addicting, but so helpful! Looking forward to getting to know you better and watching adorable Noah grow:).

momma_boo
09-30-2003, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your Noah. (I love that name! It was a serious contender for us before we found out that we were having a girl).

You know you've become a parent when you can laugh about spit-up and enjoy the moment. (instead of getting grossed out about it).

jojo2324
09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Congratulations and welcome! Hope to see more of you around! :)

amp
09-30-2003, 02:15 PM
Congrats & welcome!

Rachels
10-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Welcome, Angie and Noah! We look forward to getting to know you.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

August Mom
10-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Welcome and congratulations!

Andrea S
10-06-2003, 06:12 PM
Congrats and welcome!

Andrea
mom to Andrew 8/14/02

chrissyhowie
10-06-2003, 09:07 PM
Hi, Angie. I love those little covered hands in Noah's avatar! Makes me remember those first few weeks with my DD. These Boards were especially great during those early days as well -- when web surfing at 3am was a regular occurance while nursing!!
Welcome!