PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to Kylee Makenna!

s_gosney
10-28-2003, 08:44 PM
Hi everyone. Couldn't wait to introduce you all to my little girl. She's one week old today. We've had a rough start. She had a bacterial infection and some breathing problems that they discovered at her 3 hour check, so she spent 24 hours under the oxygen hood and two nights in the nursery because she was breathing too fast. She's had lots of shots, lots of blood pulled, and 3 different IV sites (2 in her head which definitely made this mommy cry :(). They were even talking about life-flighting her to the nearest NICU at one point. Talk about scary!The good news is though that we finally got to come home on Sunday night and her last 2 shots are tonight, then we'll be done. Unfortunately she seems to have associated being undressed with getting shots, so diaper changes and changing clothes bring on the screams. We're all doing great now though and are just so happy to have an overall healthy baby. I've attached some pics. The kind of chronicle the story of our week, and then there are some that are just to show off our cutie. Thanks for looking! Hope this works!

http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b3565ebbe4cb

Roleysmom
10-28-2003, 09:49 PM
Hello, Kylee Makenna! Sherri, she's a beauty. It looks like she is smiling up at dad. I'm sorry you had a rough and scary start. It will only get better from here. Congratulations!

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

mharling
10-28-2003, 09:53 PM
What a cutie!! Congratulations! Big hugs to you for getting through the first week. I'm so glad you're home and enjoying your cutie. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b3524e54e42d - New 10/3

jennifer13
10-28-2003, 10:06 PM
Congratulations! My baby was in the NICU for a few days too, I know how hard that separation can be. Enjoy your girl and the peace and quiet at home!

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

jojo2324
10-28-2003, 10:32 PM
Welcome to Kylee Makenna!! Those are GREAT photos, I love the one of her yawning.

Glad to hear you're all home and that things are going well. Congratulations! :D

pritchettzoo
10-31-2003, 07:11 PM
Congratulations on your little sweetheart! I hope the trials are over. She looks so alert for a newborn!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jec2
11-01-2003, 12:32 PM
A big hello to Kylee, another Libra (or is she a scorpio?) baby! I am glad that she is doing well. Our new bundle doesn't like being naked either...scream central!

momma_boo
11-03-2003, 03:03 PM
Welcome Kylee Makenna (what a beautiful name)!
Thanks for sharing pics of your adorable baby.

starrynight
11-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Congrats, she is beautiful! Glad she is okay after a rough first week.

mamahill
11-04-2003, 04:53 PM
Congratulations! Sounds like a scary first few days, but glad you're home safe and sound now. Those pics are great - the hair, those cheeks! It's so hard NOT to constantly kiss them:). Get your rest, mama, you've done a great job!

amp
11-04-2003, 05:54 PM
What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl! I am so glad she is doing fine now. Must have been so scary for all of you! Thanks for sharing the pictures. And the outfits in the pics are so adorable! Congratulations!