PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Daliya Samantha!!!

atlbaby
11-03-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks so much to Julie for posting for me last week! And thanks everyone for the congratulations! We named Daliya (pronounced Dahl-ya) in synagogue this past Saturday, and it was really beautiful. The 70+ degree temperature that day helped too!:)

Thankfully, I had a much much easier delivery than I did with Arielle. It was still back labor, but as opposed to 18+ hours in the hospital, Daliya's delivery lasted only 5 hours, and I only pushed once! I am so incredibly greatful for that, after a really difficult pregnancy. It's funny, when you compare the pictures of me
holding Arielle for the first time with new ones, the only difference
is that I look completely wiped out in the earlier set and this time
I look more stunned!:)

Arielle is handling things very well I think. She alternates from being completely apathetic about Daliya being around to wanting to be in the same room with her and flipping out when they are apart. Just this afternoon I heard her call out mid-nap saying "baby? baby?" Well, I hope that was asking about Daliya's whereabouts at least, there's no telling what a toddler whose solo reign has just been usurped might be dreaming about!:) I was so worried about how she'd react when I nursed, but she doesn't seem to even notice! I'm not sure if this is a honeymoon phase and in a few weeks (days?) she will completely lose it, but so far so good! Maybe some of the more seasoned moms of 2 or more have some advice or words of wisdom.

I'll try to get an avatar of my 2 girls (love that!:) soon!

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

brubeck
11-03-2003, 07:02 PM
Congratulations Rachel! I know Daliya is a wonderful addition to your family. And I'm glad you're feeling well enough already to be posting again! Welcome back!

mamahill
11-03-2003, 08:55 PM
Congratulations! I am so glad the labor went better than you were fearing, and that you're home and happy with your girls. Daliya is a GORGEOUS name! Congrats Rachel and welcome to the newest member - Daliya!! (and to the newest big sister Arielle - don't want to leave her out!)

celfsh
11-03-2003, 09:06 PM
So glad things went well! Can't wait to hear more about the adventures of Arielle and Daliya (love the name, BTW)!

celeste
mom to olivia 9/25/02

deborah_r
11-03-2003, 10:46 PM
Congratulations, and welcome Daliya!

pritchettzoo
11-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see a picture, although I'm sure she's as beautiful as her name!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

jennifer13
11-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Beautiful name! Congratulations!

Jennifer
Mom to Norah 5/23/03

amp
11-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Rachel, Congratulations to you and your family and welcome to Daliya Samantha! Can't wait to see a picture!

houseof3boys
11-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Congrats on a beautiful new addition to your family Rachel!

Roleysmom
11-05-2003, 09:07 PM
Rachel, I am so glad that your labor went well and that you have a beautiful new addition to your family. It sounds like Arielle is ready to show little Daliya the ropes and will be a great big sister. Your girls have the best names! Congratulations to all of you.

(Edited to read I am so glad, not I so glad, that's Roley speak!)

Paula-- mom to Roley Julia 01-04-02

khakismom
11-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Rachel, congratulations to you and your family, and welcome to the world Daliya (what a beautiful name)! Arielle will love being a big sis, I'm sure. Life is sweet with 2 girls! :)

sweetbasil
11-11-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm betting little Arielle isn't gonna lose it, Rach- she's going to continue to be a great big sis, and it won't be long at all before little Daliya is reaching for her big sis, wanting to watch, interact, and play with her all the time. And won't Arielle be thrilled when her little baby wants to play with her? :)

So happy for you, sweetie!

Hugs,

mharling
11-11-2003, 06:05 PM
Beautiful name!! A big welcome to Daliya. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

jojo2324
11-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Congratulations Rachel!! Hope you are doing well with your two girls...And be sure that I'll be looking to you for some advice when my Little Miss makes her appearance. :)

Annette_C
11-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Rachel,
You have two beautiful girls! I'm so happy for you!!
How are things going now? Is Arielle still ok with the "baby"?:)
I'm thinking of you, sweetie, and miss you here on the board.
Hope to talk to you soon (haven't had good luck so far!LOL),
Annette
SAHM to Sabrina 6/24/02