PDA

View Full Version : Semi-new person.

lisaE
11-05-2003, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone.

I have been posting, etc. for a little while already, and I didn't realize that I was supposed to come here to properly "introduce" myself. Well, better late than never, I suppose!

My name is Lisa, I am 32. I've been married 1 year, 2 months, and am 27 weeks pregnant. We are so excited by our 1st pregnancy- a boy expected in January. I haven't been working for about 6 months but I managed a women's clinic for 6 years before that. I grew up in the Dallas area, went to college here and still live in the area.

I have had lots of questions, everything from strollers to family problems and everyone has been so helpful here. I have been to other parenting/ pregnancy boards but this is the only one I have become "faithful" to, because there is such a sense of inclusion here. I truly feel that this is a wonderful community of helpful people. Some of my friends who have kids have turned into "Parenting Nazis" (like their way is the ONLY way to do things, and if I don't agree, I will ruin my baby!) and it's nice to come here and get lots of input from folks with different opinions to consider. So, I guess this was a way to introduce myself, and also a way to thank people on the boards for being so helpful and understanding. As a 1st-time-mom, I can feel very helpless and clueless sometimes!

Lisa

amp
11-05-2003, 05:40 PM
Welcome Lisa - I look forward to seeing your posts and getting to know you.

Rachels
11-07-2003, 06:59 PM
Welcome, Lisa! Glad you've joined us.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

mharling
11-11-2003, 06:08 PM
Welcome! I'm glad you've discovered what a great community this is.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

momma_boo
11-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Hi Lisa,

You'd be surprised at how much knowledge and wisdom you will quickly gain. There is an amazingly steep learning curve with a new baby. But there will always be questions and this is a great place to find out you're not alone!!