PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new . . . just wanted to introduce myself.

HoneymoonBaby
12-16-2003, 10:53 PM
Hi, I'm Kirsten. I got married October 11 and now I'm 13 weeks pregnant with our first child. I started feeling sick on the Honeymoon and sure enough, when I took a pregnancy test upon returning to the States, it was positive. It's much sooner than we'd planned, but we're up for it . . . I think. (nervous laughter)

I've been lurking here ever since we found out, and I think you ladies are great. I've already learned so much about parenting and baby life just from reading all of your posts! Not to mention how much I'm learning about baby STUFF -- I have the Fields' book and love it, but this board is an amazing resource, too!

We're hoping for a girl, but of course, we'll be happy with a healthy, happy baby of either sex. If it's a girl, we plan to name her Elise Renee, and if it's a boy, we keep going back and forth between Nicholas Martin and Ian Martin. Please don't steal "Elise," okay? ;) Like every couple new to parenting, we're hoping that we've chosen the perfect name that's neither too trendy nor too antiquated. And NOT TOO COMMON! I hate to even post it anywhere, but since we're not telling anyone IRL and everyone keeps asking us anyway, I feel like I'm going to explode!

Anyway, we live in the DC area. I'm in my 20s and my wonderful husband is in his 30s. It's the first marriage and first baby for both of us. We're really excited, and I'm excited about joining this community of moms!

hez
12-16-2003, 11:49 PM
Congratulations on expecting your first!

We have friends who have honeymoon babies, and my mom was born 9 months - 1 day after my grandparents were married. It was lots of fun teasing my mom and grandparents about it when we were old enough to figure out what that meant!

amp
12-17-2003, 10:58 AM
Hi Kirsten - Congrats! Welcome to the bunch. Hope you have a happy healthy 6 more mths!

mommd
12-17-2003, 02:35 PM
Hi,

Welcome! I really like your choice for a middle name :)

kfcboston
12-17-2003, 06:11 PM
Welcome! We did not tell anyone the names we chose either - it was TOUGH! My DH and I both lived in the DC area (he in Dupont, me in Arlington at Courthouse) for a few years while we were dating, and there are things I definitely miss.

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

HoneymoonBaby
12-17-2003, 06:29 PM
I used to live at Courthouse, too. I lived in the Courtland Towers apartments on Veitch Street (across from the Bell Atlantic -- now Verizon -- building). I loved that neighborhood, it was so small and fun! Deifnitely not kid-friendly, though. We live in the suburbs now, in Fairfax.

kfcboston
12-18-2003, 08:38 AM
I lived in Taft Towers, down the hill from the (new) courthouse (I was there when they tore down the old one!.......sleeping unfortunately) right along Route 50. I loved it too! Used to take morning walks to Arlington Cemetary, spend nights at Bardo and work shifts at that tiny tex-mex place the name of which escapes me now!! But that area changed a lot while I was there and has changed even more since I left in 1999. The whole Wilson Blvd. corridor, really.

Happy holidays!

papal
12-19-2003, 11:50 PM
Congratulations on the pregnancy!
We used to live in Courtland Towers too!! We loved the neighbourhood too.. especially Sawatdee and the Farmers Market on the weekend.
We live near old town Alexandria now.

jec2
12-20-2003, 03:28 PM
congrats and what an exciting first year of marriage! DH & i met in dc I miss living there. we both had a wildly exciting time there in our twenties. have fun w/ all your baby prep. oh, & i love the name elise (it's my middle name).

jojo2324
12-20-2003, 09:59 PM
Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more from you! :)

mharling
12-21-2003, 01:00 AM
Congratulations on your marriage AND your pregnancy. Glad you found your way here. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osnt.jsp?i=67b0de21b356c32425b2 - Halloween Pics!

new_mommy25
01-10-2004, 08:10 PM
Congratulations! I discovered these boards when I was about as far along as you are and they are an amazing resource. I love your choice of names, but don't worry, I won't steal them :) I know what you mean though, we didn't tell a soul about our name choices until after Noah was born. I just learned to say "We're still talking about it."

peanut4us
01-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Welcome Kirsten. How exciting for you. We didn't tell anyone our name either... we made up a name that was ridiculous Austina TexAnna (we live in Austin) and told people that. People who got it understood that we were saying... none of your biz... people who thought we were serious were priceless.