PDA

View Full Version : Hi... I'm a nubie and thought I'd introduce myself

sarahfran
01-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Hi! I'm new to the forum. I've posted several times over the last few days--mostly in the Carrier board (in fact, the enthusiasm about the MnM carriers was so contagious that I bought one today!). I've done lots of lurking around and have been benefiting from everyone's advice, so I thought it only right to formally introduce myself.

I'm a first time mom and I confess that I'm sort of overwhelmed (in a good way) by the whole world of baby/kid products. The pre-pregnancy Sarah never would have believed that I'd get so into this stuff.

I live in the DC area and I'm working part time. I'm still adjusting to being home so much, and I'm very happy to have a place to virtually "hang out" for a little adult time during naps, etc.

Thanks to all of you for the advice you've posted. I've enjoyed reading your thoughts and insights!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!:)

TaChapm2
01-21-2004, 09:15 PM
Welcome to the boards! It is so nice to have a place to go for some adult time even if it is talking about our babies and all thier gear! What else is there? :-) Looking forward to hearing from you more as you become more active!

Mommie2MadLyn
01-21-2004, 11:52 PM
Thanks for introducing yourself! This is a great place to get some great advice, and to just interact with other moms. Glad you joined us!:)

tbaker018
01-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Welcome! I too have not formally introduced myself, however, I read the boards regularly. I cannot begin to say how much I have learned! I recommend the book and boards to all of my pregnant friends!

I too live in the DC area (Woodbridge). We are expecting our first (boy) on 3/26. I am a school counselor and after the baby is born I will take the rest of the year off, along with summer, and then go back part-time next school year.

Anyway, welcome again!

Tracy

amp
01-22-2004, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the boards Sarah and Tracy!

peanut4us
01-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Welcome Sarah! We're so glad to have you here. Just keep jumping right on in. We love questions and sweet new babies to add to our growing group.

Enjoy your time with your son!

sarahfran
01-22-2004, 03:28 PM
Tracy,
Hi! Cool that you're a school counselor. I have a MEd from UVA in Educational Psychology. I wish I'd pursued school counseling, but I'm so far down my career path now (marketing) that it wouldn't be worth going back to school. Do you enjoy your job? I would think it would be a good one for PT.

I'm in Reston, which seems like a world away from Woodbridge because there's always such nasty traffic around Springfield.

Enjoy the last bit of your pregnancy. You must be getting really excited! Where will you have DS? I've heard Fairfax Hosp is great. I had Dylan at Arlington (was a good experience).

I know a fabulous lactation consultant if you need one. She's out in Ashburn, but worth the drive!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

sarahfran
01-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I'm finding these boards to be addictive... how do you not spend tons of time on them every day?

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

amp
01-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Sorry, I do spend too much time on them! Can't you tell?!

mharling
01-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Welcome!!! And I agree that motherhood is such a joy. :)

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

Dcclerk
01-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Welcome! And I wholeheartedly agree with your signature line. Could our wee ones be any cuter?!