PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to introduce myself- I'm new, too!

josephmama
01-23-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone, I introduced myself in the Lounge but wanted to do so here, too. I've only been a lurker for a little while but have alrerady found everyone incredibly helpful!

I’m Camiel, 28 and a college career counselor in SE Virginia. DH is a CPA. We've been married 3 1/2 years. We’re both originally from upstate NY and do NOT miss the cold up there in the “tundra” as we call it. DS is 5 ½ months and I have enjoyed every second with him. I went back to work Jan 5 and it's been hard- even though I love my job and he’s at a great daycare right on campus and I spend my lunch hour with him. So I am grateful for any advice on being a working mom (or how you can convince your college to let you work PT…)

It's great to find a forum of people like everyone here!

Hey, any fellow Wahoo's out there?

sarahfran
01-23-2004, 03:53 PM
I'm a graduate wahoo (Curry, 96)... undergrad William & Mary... go Tribe! (yah, right, I know, they're not much of a team but my alma mater nonetheless).

Where are you in SE VA? Chesapeake? VA Beach? Sounds like your son was born around the same time as mine.

I don't have much advice on the full time working thing, and finding part time work is hard. I'm PT, but hanging on by a thread (they keep threatening me that I need to go FT or else... the hatchet is set to fall in 6 mos, so I need to "prove" myself by then or have another alternative!!)

Welcome! I'm new, but having fun so far!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

josephmama
01-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Sarah, how funny- I was undergrad UVA (CLAS, 98) now I work at W&M. We live in Williamsburg- home to tourists, students and the retired. I'm sure you know it well. Are you in VA still? It's great to meet someone with a baby boy the same age as Joseph! Thanks for the introduction! And I wish you luck with keeping your job!

mharling
01-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Welcome to you and Joseph!

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03

Mommie2MadLyn
01-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi! Nice to meet you, glad you have joined this wonderful group of mommy's! Hope to see you on the boards in the future!

sarahfran
01-24-2004, 07:45 PM
That is funny! Small world. I'm in NoVA now (Reston). I miss some of the finer things about Williamsburg...namely the Cheese Shop, desserts at the Trellis, and Hot Hollys from Paul's Deli. Please enjoy some for me!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

Motherhood is such a joy!

caleymama
01-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Camiel!! It's Liz, from the UC. It's GREAT to see you posting here and it's wonderful to hear that you and Joseph are doing well. I've been meaning to email you for months to see how you are doing. I've thought about you often. (I used to work with Camiel before DH, DD, and I moved back home to NY - also did some grad work at W&M before working there full time) As I think I told you when I found out you were pregnant, this is such a neat forum. Took me a long time to stop lurking and start posting myself, but I'm very glad I did. It was such a nice surprise to "see" you here - WELCOME!

amp
01-26-2004, 06:00 PM
Welcome Camiel!

Dcclerk
01-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Welcome Camiel! There are a bunch of us full-time working moms so if you have any specific questions, I'm sure you'll get tons of replies.

houseof3boys
01-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Thanks for coming out Camiel. Look forward to you posting more and NO MORE lurking! :)

josephmama
01-28-2004, 02:02 PM
Wow, thanks for all the warm welcomes, everyone! Everyone here has been so friendly! Thanks for telling me about this place, Liz! How funny to hear from you- hope you're enjoying the cold north! I'll have to email you and catch you up on all things William & Mary!

Sarah- The Cheese Shop is new and larger and right on DOG street now. I don't get there much anymore!

peanut4us
02-09-2004, 10:46 AM
Welcome Camiel (what a beautiful name, btw). I was at home with my little girl on maternity leave until she was just over 5 months too. it was a special time.

It sounds like you have a nice setup where you can see your son during the day and know he is close by in case you need him (I mean in case he needs you! ;)