PDA

View Full Version : New Here too

lampes
01-26-2004, 10:17 PM
Well, not so new. We have been lurking since about month 4 and are now posting. We are expecting #1 in April and are just finishing the nursery. Of course, we have been just finishing for a while now.

We are anxiously awaiting the 2004 Zoopers and plan to match that up with a Graco SnugRide. We bought a banged up floor model Dorel crib (Jardine) from BabiesRUs that the DH painted. Going with the disposable diapers (I know, I know) and after reading all the horror posts on diaper pails, going for no diaper pail and immediate disposal of the diapers in the downstairs garbage can. What else? Oh, the crib sheets - we are going with the zip sheets. They look the easiest to deal with plus we are saving a bundle in not getting a crib set. Haven't decided on a mobile. They are awfully cute but useless????

Am trying to convince my DH that we need a Gyminii playmat and having not much success. That's it. Hope to participate more.

Dcclerk
01-27-2004, 05:26 PM
Welcome! It definitely looks like you have done your homework. And, already you are a good BB-er buying a bargain crib and then tailoring it to fit your needs!

I wouldn't worry about convincing your DH that you need a Gymini now. Just wait until your babe is a few months old, put him/her down on one of your friends, and see what happens. Chances are, your DH will be sold without you having to do any talking. And, if not, then it probably is because your babe doesn't like it and then you wouldn't want it anyway;)

Glad to have you here!

peanut4us
02-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Glad to have you here. SOunds like you already have most of your major equipment issues solved. we're here if you need us.