PDA

View Full Version : Madeleine Eve is finally here!

Imperia
01-27-2004, 10:31 PM
A couple nice peopel haev asked, and I completely forgot about this forum, so I thought I would post...

Madeleine Eve (Maddy)
January 24th, 2004 @ 1:15 am
6 pounds 13 and a half ounces
19 inches long

We had a little bit of a rough labour, and Maddy has Pathologic Jaundice due to ABO incompatibilty (I am O, she is A... so my antibodies started attacking her hemoglobin, creating excessive bilirubin). We had to stay in teh hospital for 3 days with her having treatments under the bililights. We came home yesterday, discharged with a biliblanket for home treatments. Today she had a heel stick at the lab to test her levels. Tomorrow we see her pediatrician at 1:30pm. She looks much better to me, and is nursing well.

I am so excited! I think I am also a little out there from not getting much sleep, so if I say anything too odd you will know why <g>

*ETA* YOu know what's really sad? To get myself through teh pain fo labour, I kept reminding myself the COF sale would be starting in a few days, and Ic ould buy her new clothes at Gymboree. My husband would whisper "Gymboree!" in my ear.

Imperia

MelissaTC
01-27-2004, 10:34 PM
Congratulations! Welcome home Madeleine!

(I love her name btw! We are in love with the name Madeleine...well, I am anyway!!)

parkersmama
01-27-2004, 10:58 PM
Congratulations! And welcome to the world, Maddy! Love her name! Sorry you had complications but I know you're glad to be home with your darling. Thanks for posting! :)

khakismom
01-28-2004, 12:31 AM
Congratulations!! And I love her name--it's just beautiful! I'm happy she's home, that you two are enjoying each other, and that COF at Gymboree came just in time. :)

Mommie2MadLyn
01-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Congratulations,and welcome Maddy!! What a typical female, arriving just in time for a BIG SALE!!!:) Good Girl!!!

mharling
01-28-2004, 01:25 AM
Congratulations! I LOVE her name. Glad that the tough days are getting better; hope the ped visit goes well tomorrow. And of course, post pics if you feel like it!

http://www.auction-pix.com/katasha/stuff/snowman.gif Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b346cc5b6556 - New pics 1/26

bluej
01-28-2004, 12:13 PM
Congratulations and welcome Madeleleine! I'm cracking up about Gymboree's COF being your motivation to get through L&D! And what a great husband to be supporting you w/ such thoughts!

amp
01-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Congratulations! And welcome to the world little Maddy! Enjoy your new little angel!

Dcclerk
01-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Congrats! Our goddaughter is a Madeleine and is one of the most gorgeous children alive. I'm sure your's is as well...

And great Gymboree tale. That is a good husband right there!

ismommy
01-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Congratualtions and welcome to Maddy.
Helene

nathansmom
01-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Congrats. I love the name. When Nathan was a girl (long story) his name was going to be Madeline.

peanut4us
02-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Imperia! How did I miss this. Goodness. Congratulations. I am sorry to hear that she needed the extra time in the hospital, but I am hoping that by now she is doing marvelously well... So happy for you and your family.