PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie's Intro....FINALLY!

sbjf
02-02-2004, 06:13 PM
Hi all!

My name is Bonnie, I live in Georgia with my husband and one yellow labrador retriever, Buster, who will be 4 in July. We are expecting our first baby, a boy, in May 2004.

I'm originally from NY and NJ, dh was born in NY but raised in Florida from the age of 2. I'm a former teacher/school librarian but now I'm a stay-at-home mom-to-be. My husband is a network engineer and he's also involved in law enforcement.

We love to travel, that's one of our very favorite hobbies, along with boating and just being outside in general. We like to relax by watching tv, going to movies and going out to eat. I also love to read, attend plays, symphonies and art exhibits.

Our ttc journey was rather lengthy, it involved insulin resistance, Metformin, Stage III endometriosis (found & removed 4/03) and the loss of our first pregnancy in July 03 at 8 weeks along. We were lucky to conceive again in August 03 and now I'm 25 weeks along without too much trouble at all so far, thankfully!!!

Dh and I would love to have 3 or 4 kids someday so we are keeping the idea of adoption open in addition to possibly ttc again. We'll see how we feel after this baby is born before making any steps in that direction. Part of me would be very happy with only our one little boy so we'll wait and see.

I originally came to these message boards mainly to research strollers and diaper bags...the two items I will be using daily. It seems to me that these two items require a lot of thought before purchasing them because since they are use SO OFTEN, several times a day really, we need them to really fit our needs.

For the stroller we went with the Mountain Buggy Urban Single. So far we are very happy with it, hopefully the baby will be too! Thanks to these boards I learned that Zany Brainy/Right Start was going out of business and carried higher end strollers, so that's where we found our MBUS! Grabbed it for 40% off, yeah!!!

For the diaper bag, it looks like I'm going to go for the Loom Marsupial diaper bag and the coordinating Watermelon clutch, offered at diaperbags.com. I'm not going to order them until I'm closer to my due date though, no hurry.

Now I bounce around all the different boards and I am learning new things every day, I love it! I'm a research hound, so this type of stuff is right up my alley, a baby researcher heaven!

It is nice to get to know all of you through reading your posts daily!

Mommie2MadLyn
02-02-2004, 10:08 PM
Nice to meet you Bonnie! And congratulations on your expected baby boy!!!:)

papal
02-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Welcome Bonnie! And congratulations on the pregnancy! What an exciting time!
First, you will LOVE the MBUS (which color did you get?). We have one too and it steers beautifully. If you have not already I would suggest getting the car-seat adapter. They just came out with the car-seat adapters for the Graco Snugride (which i have) and the Pegs. Before that it was for the Century seats only i think. Anyway, it has been so useful... because we do not wake Leela when transferring her from car-seat to stroller and because it is rear-facing (when they are little i guess they like staring at their moms more than the outside world!). If you need more info.. let me know.

Anyway, welcome again.. i was just like you.. went crazy researching stuff before Leela got here.. mattresses, sheets, carseats, strollers, cribs, layette, cloth diapers, slings!! It is a whole new world! And after she got here i am now in the Breastfeeding forum, Diaper forums more. Ofcourse no amount of research can prepare you for the amazing experience that having a baby is!

Rashmi
(mom to Leela, born 10.17.03)

amp
02-03-2004, 12:35 PM
Bonnie, Welcome to the boards! You are right where I was last year, since I also had a May baby! Well, he was due June 1, but was born May 29, 2003. Welcome to the club!

mharling
02-03-2004, 02:34 PM
Great intro! I, too, research everything to death. You're in a great place for that. Welcome! :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/2303.jpg Mary & Lane 4/6/03
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b346cc5b6556 - New pics 1/26

brigmaman
02-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Welcome Bonnie! Looking forward to welcoming baby boy... in May!

peanut4us
02-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Welcome Bonnie. It's so nice ot have you with us. I hope everything goes smoothly with the rest of your pregnancy.

jojo2324
02-12-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Bonnie!! Congrats on your baby boy, we'll look for more news in May! :D

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:04 PM
It's great to be here, I'm so glad that I found these boards!

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I got the MBUS in Navy, it was my only choice since I purchased it from Zany Brainy (that's the only color they carry). If I had a choice I may have went with the red, but dh is a big blue fan so he may have held out for the navy anyway. I do like it a lot so far though dh hasn't yet joined me in this admiration, he thinks it was too much money and cannot yet see the benefits. I think in time he will though. I may get the carrier clip, but I'm considering not getting it since we just bought the carrycot. If I find I need it then I will def. pick that up though, it's an awesome option to have.

It def. is a whole new world this baby stuff, a great world though. It's kind of like getting to play with dolls all over again, lol!!!

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:11 PM
I am pretty happy about having a May baby, it's a really nice time of year. I actually was born on May 30th, just one day after Jacob!

Dh and I are kind of hoping he's born in the beginning/middle of May because dh and I are both gemini's and we simply cannot imagine having a house of 3 gemini's! Yikes!

Thanks for the welcome!

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Hello fellow research hound! I'm glad that I'm a researcher by nature, I think it saves me money because I avoid making the wrong purchases first, kwim? I hope that's the way it works with baby stuff, too!

Thanks for the welcome, it's good to have found these boards!

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I can hardly wait to welcome my baby boy, too! I'm about 96 days away from my due date now, I'm happy to be in double digits. I just can't wait to finally meet him and iteract with him, May can't get here soon enough!

I love your son's name by the way!

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:17 PM
I hope the rest of this pregnancy goes smoothly, too. I'm starting to fret a little bit about childbirth but I guess that's normal. I really need to order a childbirth book I've been wanting.

Thanks for the welcome!!

sbjf
02-12-2004, 05:19 PM
One of my very best friends is named Joanne and I call her JoJo! She in turn calls me BonBon, lol.j

Congrats on your little baby girl, she's beautiful! You've got a cute family.

Thanks so much for the welcome!

drsweetie
02-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Hey Bonnie! Where in GA do you live? I'm in Americus.

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

sbjf
02-15-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi!

I don't even know where Americus is, LOL! I'm near Peachtree City, Fayette County area. About 25 miles south of Atlanta.

Nice to 'meet' you!

amp
02-16-2004, 06:03 PM
I was also kind of wondering aloud to DH (before DS was born), whether we *really* wanted a gemini baby. He was due June 1, but I secretly hoped he would come in mid May. Didn't happen. But he's a doll (at least so far)! If he's anything like me, he'll be a handful!

Congrats! And how is your worry level now? Hoping you can enjoy your pregnancy and not worry about baby and kidney!

sbjf
02-16-2004, 07:08 PM
The kidney worry had decreased a good amount :-) Thank you for thinking of me. From time to time I think about it and wonder how it will all turn out, but I can't say that I'm worrying about it. I do continue to pray for a happy and healthy baby.

I am enjoying the pregnancy, it has been physically very easy on me so far. As a matter of fact, tomorrow I enter the THIRD TRIMESTER!! WOW!! I'm really excited about this, soon he will be here!!!

Glad to hear that your Gemini is such a sweetie!!

amp
02-17-2004, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear it! I know I just somehow found it in me to not worry so much, and trust me, I am the queen of worrying. I just knew that I had to trust the docs, enjoy the pregnancy (for my own benefit as well as the baby's) and that whatever we had to do, if anything, we would handle. It gave me strength to know that I was a mommy and that DH and I would be good parents and handle whatever we had to to fix our little one. Luckily, we didn't have to.

PS - I'm glad he's a sweetie too, but I worry about the future. I can already see the gears turning in his head sometimes. I think, just as my mom predicted, I am going to have a child a lot like me. That's good...for now. Talk to me when he's 15!

I will definitely be thinking of you since I was at almost the exact same pregnancy place you are right now. It was such a magical time, anticipating Jake's birth. Enjoy the magic!

drsweetie
02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
LOL, Americus is in southwest Georgia, about 40 miles north of Albany and 60 miles southeast of Columbus. There's a bunch of Georgia moms who have organized a group on Yahoo! Groups; to check it out, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BBB-Georgia_Gang/

Ellen
Mom to Laura 6/9/03

sbjf
02-17-2004, 08:02 PM
I'll check out that group!

pritchettzoo
02-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Welcome! I'm a GA mom too (NE metro Atlanta area). I was going to post the yahoo group, but I see someone already has.

I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues going smoothly!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)