PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

mclianne
03-03-2004, 09:02 PM
I have been lurking for months now and with all the talk of "privatizing" the next "Co-Op" thought I'd better start opening my mouth. It's only fitting that i introduce myself...

I'm 36 years old and was pregnant with my first baby when I found this board a year ago. Karis Elise is now 3 1/2 months old and i have only posted a grand total of 4 times or so.

I am a nurse by profession. Specifically a Cardiac surgery nurse. I currently live in the midwest (out in corn country) though I have lived in MD, FL, TX, and AR. I have wanderlust and this is the longest i have lived in one place( 5 years) since graduating from college. Currently I am a partial SAHM. I say partial because I work one day a week while my husband stays home to watch the Sweet Pea. I must say, I am loving it. She brings such joy in my life...

I am the youngest of 6 kids and hope to end up with 2-3 of my own. Would love to have twins if possible...

I have thoroughly enjoyed lurking here, have benefited greatly and learned many valuable things. Thank you...

Lianne

LD92599
03-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Lianne:

Welcome to the boards! I look forward to hearing more from you and learning more about you & Karis!

Laura
mom to William

MartiesMom2B
03-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Lianne:

So great to have you join us. I'm happy that you've learned so many valuable things - I have too.

I love the name Karis Elise, it's beautiful.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

amp
03-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Welcome, Lianne! So are you willing to divulge what part of the midwest you are currently living? I'm originally from Mich, but currently in KS, so anytime someone says Midwest, I'm all "ears" (referencing corn country joke :o )

Glad you delurked!

mharling
03-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Welcome Lianne!! I'm also curious about where you're from. I grew up on a farm in the Midwest and now live in the Chicago area.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

brigmaman
03-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Welcome Lianne and Karis!

momma_boo
03-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Hi Lianne,

Glad you finally de-lurked. I'm sure you'll have plenty to contribute, so please don't be shy! The best thing about these boards is learning from all the other participating parents.

peanut4us
03-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Lianne--we're so glad you came out of the wood-work! Really, we're very happy to have you here!

mclianne
03-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Thanks for the welcome ladies! We thought Karis was an unusual name and liked the was it flowed with Elise as a middle name. We are currently living in Nebraska...