PDA

View Full Version : My intro!

holliam
03-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Woops, I've been reading and posting and never realized people posted intros in here!

I'm Holli, and I'm 34 and have been married to Liam for 10 years. After years of dealing with infertility, we are currently awaiting the referral of our newborn daughter in Guatemala! We hope to have it by the end of the month. It will be months until we can bring her home. But, I'm anal about research so I already know what I want to buy. We finally ordered her nursery furniture this week.

I work full-time in high-tech as a technical writer/Help UI designer. I am a full-time telecommuter. We just relocated from the Bay Area CA to the Triangle area, NC last Spring, and we are so much happier here! DH left his 10-year high-tech career when we moved to be our stay-at-home hubby and he will be a stay-at-home husband when our daughter comes home. He also hopes to go to culinary school. Yep, I'm spoiled! He does everything around the house!

I won't admit how much clothing I've already bought in all different sizes for my daughter who doesn't exist yet thanks to this place! :) I do love all the information and research here. It's nice to find a place with folks as into all this research as I am.

Holli

amp
03-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Holli - Welcome to the boards! And congrats on your expected baby! Hope you get your referral soon and we look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about her!

peanut4us
03-12-2004, 10:51 AM
Holli! You must be a kindred spirit. I too am a tech writer/Help UI designer. But I'm in Austin working for the Evil Big Blue empire bwahahahhaha. And my DH is a SAHD for our daughter Sara (who'll be 1 on March 27). And HE has tossed aorund the idea of culinary school! Hee hee!

I'm so excited that you are about to get your daughter. Good luck and make sure you post when you bring her back. We'll all be waiting to hear about her!

momma_boo
03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi Holli,

Welcome to the boards. In case you haven't found it yet, there is also an Adoption Forum - lots of parents who also have done/are doing foreign adoptions.

Sending my best wishes for a smooth journey to parenthood!

LD92599
03-13-2004, 08:00 PM
Holli:

Welcome to the boards ~ please post when you get your referral, how exciting! My DH is also a SAHD..left medical sales to do it!

I look forward to reading your posts (both questions and answers!).

Laura
mom to William

mharling
03-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Holli -
Welcome and congrats!!! Let us know when you get your referral. :)

Mary
Lane 4/6/03