PDA

View Full Version : New here

Saartje
03-23-2004, 05:31 AM
Hello. :) I've been lurking around the boards for a little while, and only just started posting. Thought I'd put together an introduction with some biographical information.

I'm a 24-year-old mom-to-be. My husband and I have been married for just under three years — in fact, our anniversary is exactly two weeks after our son's estimated due date! Isaac is due on 12 May (though my OB has warned me to be prepared anytime in the month of May, since this is our first child).

DH is a computer programmer, working two jobs (one for a corporation, one for a research lab at his university) as well as studying full-time for his PhD. (I may sound like I'm bragging, but in fact I'm sharing my awe at this man's intellect and energy levels!) We plan for me to be a SAHM or WAHM for as long as it's practical. (I'll eventually be returning to school myself, to study medicine; but we don't think it's wise for both of us to be in school at once, and my potential income after childcare and taxes probably wouldn't be enough to be worth the stress of working outside the home in the meantime.)

A few other random facts, in no particular order: It's only been a few months since we moved out of the state we were both raised in; I find having a child with no family nearby a rather scary prospect. We have two cats we adore, and I'm trying to figure out ways to ease the introduction of the baby to them. I knit almost constantly; a few days ago, I made the first baby hat I've ever made — not coincidentally, the first garment I've made for my son. I'm the youngest of six children. And I still have morning sickness, even though I'm more than seven months into this pregnancy.

brigmaman
03-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Welcome! Can't wait to hear more and meet your babe in May!

mommd
03-23-2004, 11:12 AM
Hi! Wow, I am suprised how similar your story is to mine! DH is also a computer engineer/programmer working full time and working part time on his Master's degree. I am in medical school, although I am currently on a one year leave due to the birth of DD. I also have two cats and honestly, they barely notice DD exists, they just like to sleep in all of her stuff (the car seat, the bouncer, the crib, my rocking chair..). Since DD was born, having a family nearby has been scary! :) Welcome!

amp
03-23-2004, 11:59 AM
Welcome!

mharling
03-24-2004, 05:42 PM
Welcome!! We look forward to hearing about your new arrival. :)

Mary
Lane 4/6/03