PDA

View Full Version : Yet another intro

darby24
04-01-2004, 01:24 AM
I've been hanging out here for a little bit, just finally noticed this intro forum so here I am.

I'm not technically a parent, I'm an aunt. My older sister has two wonderful boys whom I'm very attached to. I'm also the family researcher, give me anything and I will research it until the furthest depths. I'm most likely to been seen around the carseat, stroller and around the house forums along with some toddler boards.

A little on me; I'm in western Canada, in my mid 20's and in school to be a photographer.

J will be 2 in June (he's my avatar). A truck loving fool! I take pride that I taught him how to dance. We dance everywhere (rocking back and forth on feet.) He'll even stop in the grocery store and start to dance. Very cute.

S was just born, March 20th. He was a healthy 9lbs 2ozs and is just checking out his world. I do look forward to hanging out with "my boys" as they grow older.

Now to attempt to post some photo's. One of the brothers, one of J waiting with me in the hospital waiting room for word on his future sibling and finally S. I hope these work!

ETA to finally remove pictures

momma_boo
04-01-2004, 11:27 AM
Those boys are lucky to have such a great aunt. And your sister is so fortunate to have you to help her out w/ the research!

Welcome to the boards!

COElizabeth
04-04-2004, 01:02 PM
Welcome! Being an aunt is wonderful! Before having James, I had a nephew and niece, and I did just about everything with them except nursing! The boys are lucky to have you in their lives - and so is your sister!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

darby24
04-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to posting around here more often.

darby24
04-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Another thanks for the welcome. I do agree that being a aunt in wonderful! It's fun picking up all the little tricks and putting them away for future use. It's also fun to drop J off after a long day and go home to a quiet house!

mharling
04-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Welcome!!! I can tell you're a great aunt to two lucky little boys. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

khakismom
04-27-2004, 12:37 PM
You must be their most favorite auntie!! :) Welcome Erin--glad you're here!

tippy
05-23-2004, 01:02 AM
Welcome Erin,

I've seen you on the boards but haven't been to this thread before so it's nice to "get to know you a bit". I am so happy for your nephews. They have such a great Aunt. Not to feel sorry for myself but I have 3 sisters, one who lives on the West Coast who I don't have a lot of contact with, one who is going through a nasty divorce who is too wrapped up with whats going on to be that involved with me and ds and one who I am very close with but for some reason she hasn't gotten that involved with my ds (He will be 17 months old on June 8th and she has yet to babysit him :-( ). I can only imagine how wonderful it must be for your sister to have you in her and her children's lives. I am so impressed that even though you are a young woman and involved in studying for your career, you still make the time for her and for your nephews. Well, look forward to seeing you on the boards. Sorry if I ran on a bit....

darby24
06-11-2004, 02:32 AM
Mary, Maureen and Teva, thank you for your kind words.

I do love being a part of my nephew's lives. I've been having lots of fun lately as I've been taking nephew J. to his Gymboree class this past session. Today for the first time he left my lap to catch a little bubble. It's neat seeing how he's growing and changing with time.

So thanks again for the welcome.