PDA

View Full Version : Just Saying Hello :)

BethinMass
04-13-2004, 08:14 AM
I've been lurking for a long time, but thought it was time I said hello :)

My name is Beth and I live in Massachusetts. I have 2 children. Hannah who is 3 and Joshua who is 5 months old.

I work full time while my husband stays home with the kids.

Hopefully I can get used to being out of lurk mode and start posting :)

ismommy
04-13-2004, 08:48 AM
Welcome Beth. where in Mass are you? I grew up on the south shore and am hoping we will move back eventually
Helene
mommy to Isabella

BethinMass
04-13-2004, 09:48 AM
Grew up in Attleboro and Foxboro. Then when I got married moved to North Attleboro and currently (and hopefully for a while) living in Franklin. :)

amp
04-13-2004, 11:42 AM
Beth - Welcome to the boards!

mamahill
04-13-2004, 03:15 PM
Welcome Beth! Please get used to staying out of lurk mode! I know I'll be looking to you for advice since your children are three years apart, as we are planning (and the clock is ticking...). How has it been? Ainsleigh is 2 and is suddenly VERY independent and can entertain herself for quite a while. I'm hoping that having baby #2 will be not to terrible a transition. How has Hannah taken to her new brother?

Look at that - you de-lurk and BAM, lots of questions. LOL! Have a good day at work!!

billysmommy
04-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Welcome Beth :)
We're out in Hopkinton, so not too far from you :)

BethinMass
04-14-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks for all the replies :)

As far as the spacing, for us, it was perfect :)

It was REALLY tough for me to decide to have another one and when, Hannah is a great little girl and I didn't want to have another child too soon.

Hannah was old enough to come to the dr's visits with me and my husband and for her to understand somewhat that she was getting a baby brother.

When Joshua was born, I couldn't have asked for Hannah to be better. She helped us when we needed to get something and she truely loves her brother :)

However now that Josh is getting a bit older, the "newness" of him is wearing off *grin*. She still loves him, however she does get a bit upset when we're trying to do something for her and Josh needs something.

Just one thing I didn't prepare Hannah for that I didn't think of and I felt awful about. I told Hannah mommy would be going to the hospital to have Joshua however I forgot to mention I wouldn't be home for 2 days, so that I wouldn't be able to tuck her into bed at night :( That is the one thing I wish I mentioned to her ahead of time. While Daddy was home, she was upset with me for a while about the fact I wasn't :(

kfcboston
04-14-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi, Beth! I'm in Mansfield and from Walpole, so same neck of the woods. Also a big fan of the Franklin Y!! :)

Welcome to the boards!

mharling
04-23-2004, 12:35 PM
Welcome!!! I'm looking forward to your movement out of lurk mode. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

khakismom
04-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Welcome Beth!! Glad you're coming out of lurkdom! :)

tippy
05-23-2004, 12:52 AM
Welcome from one de-lurker to another. Look forward to seeing you on the boards!

lrucci
05-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Welcome Beth!!! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03