PDA

View Full Version : Baby Zach's Induced Labor Story

peasprout
04-22-2004, 02:47 PM
Just wanted to post my story to give other pregnant mothers hope that induced labor isn't always long and doesn't have to end in a c-section! That was my biggest fear about being induced when DS was 9 days late. But at 9:45am on April 15 (tax day!), I was started on Pitocin. By 11am I wasn't feeling any different and the nurse doubled my dosage. My doctor came in and broke my water. 15 minutes later I was feeling the contractions and they were SO PAINFUL and INTENSE, right on top of each other!! I wanted to go epidural free since I had delivered my daughter that way (she came out in record time too), but I almost gave up after an hour. I finally had DH ask the nurse if my Pitocin dosage was too high. She came in, checked me, said I was 6 centimeters and proceeded to heat up the baby lamp and call my doctor. I must have gone to 10 centimeter really fast because I suddenly felt the urge to push and was restrained until my doctor came in. After pushing for less than 10 minutes, little Zachary was born at 12:33pm. The entire process took less than 3 hours (and the first hour was painless!) My induction fears were unfounded and I'm just so glad to not be pregnant anymore!! I was starting to think I would be pregnant forever!
Little Zach is so easy compared to DD,...he just sleeps all day and only cries when he's hungry (or when we're changing him!) The hardest part has been getting our co-sleeping DD out of our bed to make room for DS. We end up with four of us in a queen sized bed most of the time! :o

JP- mommy to Ally & Zach
(11/02 & 4/04)

aliceinwonderland
04-22-2004, 03:04 PM
Thanks for posting. I'm faced with the real possibility of induction Wednesday, and this is good to know!
May I ask?:
Did you end up getting the epi?
If not, did you get a local? Was crowning excruciating??

TIA!

eri and the bean, due April 19th :)

peasprout
04-22-2004, 03:40 PM
Nope, I didn't get the epi,...although if i had to go another hour with those contractions, I might have!! I wasn't offered a local and I didn't even know that was an option. As for the crowning, he came out so fast that I honestly didn't even know when he was crowning. And compared to the mega contractions I was getting, I can't imagine anything more painful! Good luck next week (if you don't deliver before then!) Just think, this time next week you'll have a little baby in your arms! :)

JP- mommy to Ally & Zach
(11/02 & 4/04)

amp
04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
Congratulations on your newest tax deduction! Can't wait to hear more about Zach. Get some rest!

bluej
04-22-2004, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the world Zach! Those quick labors are quite painful aren't they? Eight hours worth of pain coming at you in two hours x(

mharling
04-23-2004, 12:32 PM
Congratulations!!! And a big welcome to Zach. :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]