PDA

View Full Version : Finally I see where to introduce myself

ALLEYCAT
05-19-2004, 10:17 PM
I finally see where I can introduce myself and read who everyone else is. I,m Leslie, first time mommy to Baby Boy October 11,2003, and stepmom to 4 mostly grow girls. The oldest,24 and her husband live with me as does the youngest,17. The other two are 22 and 18 and are in school. They have all been great help to me with the baby and I don't know how everyone else does it without help. I work 2nd shift as a 911 dispatcher and miss Baby terribly but I know he is with his sisters and that makes it easier. I have been reading for a while now and post seldom but have been getting into the posts about where you are supposed to intro yourself. Sorry it took so long to find this spot. Everyone seems to know so much and I mainly have been absorbing the info and trying to apply it to my mommyhood practice. Thanks for all the wonderful info. I may eventually figure out all the abbreviations but could use some help with them all. Thanks, Leslie

JElaineB
05-20-2004, 01:36 AM
Welcome! If you do a search for "abbreviations" you probably should be able to find a couple of posts with the most common abbreviations. The ones many people use are DH = dear husband (or substitue another "d" word as appropriate!), DD = dear daugher, DS = dear son.

HTH! (Hope this helps!)

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

amp
05-21-2004, 11:01 AM
Welcome!

tippy
05-22-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Leslie!

Welcome to "the boards". I still haven't found the spot you are talking about so feel free to share...It's nice to hear that you are so excepting of your husbands kids from his previous marriage. I know a number of people who really struggle with that whole thing (granted the kids are MUCH younger) but it is nice that you have their support and help and obvious they have yours! Look forward to "seeing you around".