PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival

Saartje
05-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Isaac Solomon was born Tuesday, 18 May 2004 at 8:09 am. At birth, he was 22 inches long and weighed 9 lbs., 9 oz.

I had posted in the lounge a few days before his birth, talking through my nerves, so here's the rest of the story: As I had more than halfway expected, when I went in for my exam Monday (at which point my doctor and I were supposed to plan an induction, probably for later in the week), they found my amniotic fluid levels were too low to wait any longer and I was admitted immediately.

The process of inducing didn't go entirely smoothly, but once labor was started, all went well. (I'll spare you the details. ;) ) The actual birth was surprisingly easy, especially given his size.

A few photos taken immediately after his birth can be found at http://amaranth.homelinux.org/Isaac-Birth-Web/ .

westchicagomom
05-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I was wondering what happened w/ you since you didn't post after your doctor's appointment! Guess it probably became a whirlwind once you got admitted so you didn't have time to be scared at that point!

So glad everything eventually went well - especially w/ the delivery. You will now have advice to give to those moms here who will be in your exact same place over the coming year.

Isaac is a cutie! Your DH looks like he was in a bit of shock (I was way too drugged/spent after my delivery to even notice if that is the way all DH's look).

Was that the view out your room window? I think mine overlooked the hospital roof!

Again so glad everything worked out, congratulations and hope he is sleeping well for you!

jubilee
05-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Congratulations on your new precious baby!!

tippy
05-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Welcome Sarah! And congratulations to you and Jeff! I hadn't read your previous posts but it sounds like you made it through with flying colors! Can't wait to see more pictures. And if your anything like me you will be wondering how you can possibly love anything as much as you love your child!

Look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Teva

deborah_r
05-22-2004, 11:38 PM
Welcome to Isaac! I'm glad you finally got your precious baby boy!!!

amp
05-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Congratulations! See, we told you he'd come! And he is beautiful! Enjoy your new little one! And good work on birthing that big boy!

MartiesMom2B
05-23-2004, 10:59 AM
Congratulations. I'm glad that everything went well after labor started.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

RwnMayfair
05-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Cognratulations to you all, he's beautiful! :)

And I'm glad it all went well. :)

-Melissa

Taran Reed - Nov. 20, 2003

caleymama
05-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Congratulations! You guys all look great!

lrucci
05-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Congratulations!! I'm so glad that things went smoothly for you. Welcome precious Isaac. We look forward to hearing about you.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03