PDA

View Full Version : belated intro

octmom
06-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Probably terrible netiquette, but after something like 70 posts (many of them questions), I am FINALLY introducing myself. My name is Jerilyn, DH is John, and our son's name is Sean. We live in central Virginia and both work at a university-- me in administration, DH in a grant-funded center. We've been married four and a half years and Sean is our first child. I'm 32, DH is 35.

Sean is an incredibly sweet little boy and we love him more than words can describe. I'm sure this is a common sentiment here! :) We've been very lucky in that he is a pretty happy baby and smiles most of the time. That smile combined with his laughter could melt even the coldest heart. He is a BIG boy. Weighed in at 10 pounds, 5.5 ounces at birth and now, at just over 7 months, he weighs just over 22 pounds. I'm not sure of his current length, but at his 6-month checkup he measured 28.25 inches long. He's not crawling yet, but is beginning to try to get up on his knees a bit. For now, he rolls and rolls, and sometimes swims on his belly or his back to move around. Also, he doesn't have any teeth yet, just a big gummy smile. :)

I've learned so much from the boards in the two months or so that I have been reading and posting. Baby paraphenelia and baby-related information is my obsession these days.

I think that about covers the basics. I look forward to getting to know some of you better now that I have officially introduced myself. This seems like a really wonderful community!

Now that I have finally done the intro, creating an avatar will have to be next on my list! :)

Jerilyn
DS: Sean, 10/29/03

LD92599
06-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Jerilyn:

Welcome to the boards!!! Wow, 10lbs+ at birth!! We all totally understand your sentiments ~ they are common!!

Can't wait to see pics of Sean!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

JLiebCamm
06-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the boards!

amp
06-06-2004, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the boards! And welcome to the 10+ lb baby club! Your membership card should arrive anyday now! ;-)