PDA

View Full Version : delurking...

cdmamatutu
07-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Hi all,

I've been lurking for almost a year now and finally decided to register. I've seen lots of great co-ops and swaps go by, and by golly, I'm going to get over my shyness and post!!

My hubby and I met at the University of Arkansas 7 years ago and married a little over a year later. We settled here in Northwest Arkansas and have 2 sweet kiddos, a 2.5 year old son and 7 month old daughter.

My dh is a mechanical engineer who spends much of his free time cycling. He just bought a new Scion xB about 2 weeks ago and I've hardly seen him since!! :)

I am a SAHM and teach piano lessons on the side. I CD'd our son (who is now potty-trained...YAHOOO!) and now CD our daughter. I am a member of our local Natural Food co-op, but am having a hard time finding hormone-free meats...any suggestions?

Thanks for reading, folks. It has taken all of my nerve to get this introvert to post. ;) I do appreciate all of the great advice I've seen on this board. Hopefully I can add a few things as I get the courage. :)

Jaina

amp
07-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Well, welcome to the group, Jaina! You don't need to be shy around here! We're a fairly civilized and friendly bunch. And I know I, for one, count myself very lucky to be "friends" with such an outstanding, compassionate, supportive, funny, intelligent group of people!

Being in NW AK, you probably aren't too terribly far (although hours I'm sure) from those of us in KS and MO.

Welcome to the club!

cdmamatutu
07-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Thanks! :)

"Being in NW AK, you probably aren't too terribly far (although hours I'm sure) from those of us in KS and MO."...you're right! We are only about 3 hours from Kansas City. I grew up in Iowa, so we regularly make the trip up through MO to visit family back home.

darby24
07-07-2004, 12:31 AM
Welcome Jaina!

All the great deals is why I started to post as well! I've yet to take part in anything, but I think I'm over all the requirements now. It truly doesn't take anytime to get there!

I look forward to seeing you around.

amp
07-07-2004, 11:48 AM
Well, if you feel like stopping in the KC area one of these days, give me a holler. There are a few of us here and we might be able to meet you for lunch or coffee or something. :-)

cdmamatutu
07-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I will certainly give a heads up if I am in the KC area. It would be nice to meet some of you in person. :)

cdmamatutu
07-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! I will certainly give a heads up if I am in the KC area. It would be nice to meet some of you in person. :)

papal
07-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Welcome Jaina! Good for you for de-lurking! :)
Hope to hear more from you soon.. and see you in the Butts forum too! ;)

papal
07-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Welcome Jaina! Good for you for de-lurking! :)
Hope to hear more from you soon.. and see you in the Butts forum too! ;)