PDA

View Full Version : Our bio!

hellosmiletoday
07-09-2004, 12:51 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their advice. This site has been a valuable source of information for baby products! I have been using this site for several months now -- it is the first time I have ever posted on any type of "forum" as I'm concerned with security issues. However, none of my friends have children yet, so I really had no one to ask for advice...especially about breastfeeding since my mom did not BF (and regrets that no one ever told her the benefits of it or she certainly would have done it).

Our cute little daughter was born 2 weeks prior to her due date in May at 6lb 4oz 19inches in sunny FL! I also received my Ph.D. in May. Neither the pregnancy nor my graduation date were planned to coincide, but it was certainly a wonderful blessing to be finished with school! My husband is a resident and he will be starting his fellowship in a year in NC, so I decided to take a break during that time and resume work (as a post-doc???) when we move to the research triangle area, if I can bear to part with DD!

Christina
Mommy to baby girl on 5.8.04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8999.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9582.jpg

hellosmiletoday
07-09-2004, 12:51 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone for all their advice. This site has been a valuable source of information for baby products! I have been using this site for several months now -- it is the first time I have ever posted on any type of "forum" as I'm concerned with security issues. However, none of my friends have children yet, so I really had no one to ask for advice...especially about breastfeeding since my mom did not BF (and regrets that no one ever told her the benefits of it or she certainly would have done it).

Our cute little daughter was born 2 weeks prior to her due date in May at 6lb 4oz 19inches in sunny FL! I also received my Ph.D. in May. Neither the pregnancy nor my graduation date were planned to coincide, but it was certainly a wonderful blessing to be finished with school! My husband is a resident and he will be starting his fellowship in a year in NC, so I decided to take a break during that time and resume work (as a post-doc???) when we move to the research triangle area, if I can bear to part with DD!

Christina
Mommy to baby girl on 5.8.04

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8999.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/9582.jpg

amp
07-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, here's an "official" welcome! We've seen you around, so it doesn't feel like you are new here, but welcome! And congrats on your daughter's birth! I also had a May baby, and he turned 1 this year!

amp
07-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, here's an "official" welcome! We've seen you around, so it doesn't feel like you are new here, but welcome! And congrats on your daughter's birth! I also had a May baby, and he turned 1 this year!

cdmamatutu
07-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Congratulations! A daughter and a degree in the same month...that's what I call multi-tasking. ;)

Welcome from another new poster. :)

cdmamatutu
07-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Congratulations! A daughter and a degree in the same month...that's what I call multi-tasking. ;)

Welcome from another new poster. :)

tippy
07-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Nice of you to "come out" Welcome!

tippy
07-13-2004, 02:37 AM
Nice of you to "come out" Welcome!

Dcclerk
07-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Christina, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Wow! You had a lot of accomplishments in May! Funny intersection... my DH is just finishing up his fellowship today! It's a long road, but I think in the end will be worth it. Welcome to the gang.

Dcclerk
07-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Christina, your daughter is absolutely gorgeous. Wow! You had a lot of accomplishments in May! Funny intersection... my DH is just finishing up his fellowship today! It's a long road, but I think in the end will be worth it. Welcome to the gang.

StaceyKim
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your GORGEOUS daughter!

StaceyKim
07-19-2004, 09:35 PM
Welcome to the boards and congrats on your GORGEOUS daughter!

TaChapm
07-21-2004, 04:06 PM
What a sweet picture! Welcome to the boards!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

TaChapm
07-21-2004, 04:06 PM
What a sweet picture! Welcome to the boards!
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02