PDA

View Full Version : Announcing...

cara1
10-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Announcing the arrival of DD. I was due 10/4, but started having regular contractions 9/25. They were every 5 min for an hour, and then petered out. We went to the hospital, and I was sent home; I was only 1 cm. I felt so foolish, but warned them I'd be back the next day, and I was. I arrived 24 hours later 8 cm. I got my epidural, and bascially hung out for a few hours waiting to finish dilating and for baby to descend more. They broke my water, and turns out there was a lot of meconium in there. Blech. By about 3 am I tried a few pushes, but she still hadn't descended much, so we decided to wait a little longer. However, by about 4 am, DD's heart rate started dropping dramatically with each contraction (into the 50's). They took me to c/s immediately. I couldn't believe how quickly she was out. Impressive. she ended up having the cord around her neck, and when they pulled her out, she was green from all the meconium. She's fine, though. They had a really hard time putting me back together, though. Trouble controlling bleeding and suturing. I was in the OR for 3 hours. She was born at 5:17 am 9/27, but I didn't get to hold her until noon. I was pretty wrecked.

But we're home and doing great. So much easier the 2nd time. Mainly the nursing. Since I know what I'm doing now, and knew when to ask for help when still in the hospital, it made a HUGE difference. Still hard to move around a little, but I'm taking less pain meds each day.

Anyone with a c/s know when you can use a Baby Bjorn? I'm afraid to use it now...

DS (2 yrs, 8 mos) is doing great. He holds her, hugs her, kisses her, and SPONTANEOUSLY comforts her when she cries. It's amazing. I mean, I think he actually has empathy. Incredible. The past week and a half I feel like I've missed him so much. I was away from him while in the hospital, but even now, DH pretty much does everything with him since I'm with the Baby. I end up feeling guilty and I just really miss him. Last night I finally ventured upstairs and got to cuddle with him in his bed, so that felt more normal.

Anyway, got to fold some baby laundry.... (between poop and spit up, 5 outfits in one day!!)

amp
10-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Congratulations! It sounds like a crazy journey before you finally got to hug your little one! Glad everyone is healthy and happy! Get some rest and come back to let us know how your newest angel is doing and how you are recovering. Hugs mama!

Karenn
10-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Cara! Congratulations! What an experience!! I'm glad you're both OK! I don't know how you lasted 7 hours without holding your baby girl! That's amazing.

I'm glad you're finding things easier this time around too! (I could have written that paragraph about knowing when to ask for help making all the difference!)

brigmaman
10-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Congrats!! I was waiting to hear...since I saw your post yesterday!

sugarsnappea
10-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Congratulations Cara! I had an emergency C/S with DD #1. I hope your pain goes away soon. I wore that girdle religiously to get around more easily. I used the Bjorn and a sling pretty early after both my C/S. Maybe around 2 weeks or so... Hugs to you and your two little ones! :)

Marisa6826
10-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Girlie!!!!

Glad to see your little one made it here safe and sound. Does she have a name yet? How big is she?

I think I waited 3-4w before using the Bjorn, but I think part of that was new Mommy paranoia. If she's little, don't forget to use those little leg straps to make it tighter on the bottom so she doesn't fall out.

I'm thrilled to hear that your DS is great with her. I'm beginning to really worry how I'm going to pull off the newborn/toddler/c-section thing!

Can't wait to see pics!

hugs

-m

deborah_r
10-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Congratulations on your new arrival! I hope you have a quick recovery!

amazz
10-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Congratulations!!! I am glad you are both at home and are healthy. That must have been a scary time for you, but you made it through and I really am so happy for you!!

Angela
EDD 10/15/04
A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on. ~Carl Sandburg

khakismom
10-07-2004, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on your new little daughter! Glad you're getting in good bonding time with both kiddies. :)

ismommy
10-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Congratulations. Your DS sounds so sweet to be such a great big brother.
Helene
mommy to Isabella
baby x EDD 1/11/05

mamahill
10-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you and the new one. Healing vibes your way...

jubilee
10-07-2004, 07:14 PM
Cara, congratulations! Sounds like you had a difficult time, I'm sure hoping your recovery is really smooth. And how wonderful that nursing is going well!! Congratulations, and enjoy your two children!

wendmatt
10-07-2004, 07:23 PM
Congratulations, glad you are safely home. Hope you heal really quickly and enjoy this special time with your new baby and wonderful son (and dh of course!)

nohomama
10-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear everyone is happy and healthy. Congratulations on the arrival your new little girl.

Tori_s mom
10-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Congrats to you and your family! What a rough time for DD to get here and you to get patched up. I'm so happy you are both doing well. Keep us posted!

Tasha

Tori (3/11/04)

NEVE and TRISTAN
10-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Ahhh huge congrats honey!!!
Our thoughts are with you and I loved your story about sneaking upstairs for some cuddle time with DS....

big hugs to you and family!!!!
how exciting!!!!

Neve and Tristan born Feb 25, 2003
* EDD 3/19/05 IT'S A GIRL
* DOSSIER SENT TO UKRAINE-siblings

http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan

Momof3Labs
10-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Congratulations, Cara, and welcome little girl!!

Jeanne
10-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Congratulations!

mary b
10-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Congrats!!!!

hope you all are doing well!!!!

mary
mom to noelle and lindsey

Hallie_D
10-15-2004, 12:23 PM
Congratulations!! What a birth story! It is so nice to hear about your DS being so loving with the new baby--I'm hoping my ds (who will be the same age as yours when #2 is born) is the same.

tippy
10-16-2004, 07:08 AM
Congratulations!

new_mommy25
10-21-2004, 03:42 AM
Wow, what a story! But I am so glad everything turned out in the end. I'm sorry you miss your DS. I would feel the same way. But congrats on your DD. How perfect that you have a boy and a girl.

8isenough
11-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Congratulations! What wonderful news. I am also glad to read that you are doing alright after the bleeding spell. Watch your iron intake. You do not want to become anemic especially if breastfeeding. Enjoy this time. :)

Sterling