PDA

View Full Version : New pregnancy!

colleenfs
01-04-2005, 05:54 PM
I wanted to wait til I was 12 weeks to post about this, and it's almost here so...

I had my first dr's visit and an ultrasound today, and everything looked perfect. :) The baby was jumping and dancing around the entire time. I could even see little fingers! The heart rate was 171 - that seems high, no?

The tech said that she could even detect the sex. I said, "No way! It's too early!!" I told her not to tell me, since DH was not there. But I figure, if she can tell now, that must mean that it is a boy. I'll have my next u/s on Feb. 8th, so hopefully we'll know better then.

I am ashamed to admit that I really want another girl, and don't know what I'd even *DO* with a boy! Plus I have saved tubs and tubs of Julia's clothes, and I'll be so sad not to use them again. :( (I know, I know, how lame is that?!) I know I'll love this child no matter what, and I hear that little boys just ADORE their mommies. :)

Well, I do love the name Brendan for a boy, and it is more unique than my girl choice, Emma. Hopefully DH can be convinced to go with Brendan! I know he'd be thrilled to have a boy to even things up around here. I must admit that we do live in a Disney Princess castle these days!

Hopefully I'll have more concrete info in about a month... And the best news of all is that everything looks just fine.

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/e3y/1.png

brigmaman
01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
How exciting! Congrats Colleen!

khakismom
01-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Congratulations Colleen! Wonderful news! :)

bluej
01-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Congratulations Colleen! And yes it's true, little boys do ADORE their mommies! Just the other day Caden (6) had to fill out a questionaire for school and his answer for the question 'Who do you like to spend time with the most?' was his mom :) So if you have a boy, you will have a great little guy who will only have eyes for you! If you have another girl, well you know how wonderful that is and you'll get to experience the joys of girls all over again. Wishing you a great pregnancy!

LD92599
01-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Congrats Colleen!!!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

http://lilypie.com/baby2/030305/0/7/0/-5/.png[/url]

mamahill
01-06-2005, 08:05 PM
Congratulations!! And I totally hear you on the wanting another girl thing. I was convinced this was a girl and when the tech pronouced it a "he" I went into shock. I mean, I knew a boy was a possiblity (50/50, right?!), but I was so sure it would be a girl. And since this one would be due at the same time as Ainsleigh, it would be able to wear all the same clothes. But you know what - over the next few days I started to get really excited to have a boy, and now I'm really happy. It's almost like being pregnant for the first time all over again.

And as far as clothes go, I've made some great trades on the swap board, and have had some extremely generous friends give me their old boy clothes. In fact, our little guy is pretty much completely outfitted for his first year. And the clothes are CUTE! (contrary to what some people believe) And while girls are cute, the boys' toys are way more fun. Trains and animals, here we come!

But whatever the baby turns out to be will be great. Happy and healthy pregnancy to you!

colleenfs
01-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks, everyone!

Sarah, I figure I can make a bundle on Ebay or the BBB swap board if I end up having to sell Julia's clothes. (She has a gorgeous wardrobe! Wish I were that well-dressed. LOL!) And I have lots of friends with boys who I know would be happy to lend us things. We will be done with 2 kids no matter what. Period. I think...!

I'm starting to get used to the idea of a boy, and I know I'll be totally thrilled either way. Plus DH would be overjoyed to have a son. :)

We'll see (hopefully) on Feb. 8th!

~Colleen
Mama to Julia 1-10-02
Jumping Bean due 7-23-05!
http://www.tickercentral.com/view/e3y/1.png

vikivoly
01-07-2005, 10:31 PM
Congratulations Colleen! That's such exciting news. I'm glad to hear everything is going well.

ktdid74
01-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Congrats Colleen! I'm all for another Brendan on the boards :) Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

8isenough
01-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Prayers for a healthy uneventful pregnancy! :)

~Sterling