PDA

View Full Version : Another January Baby - Andrew

mmaimp
01-28-2005, 02:22 PM
Baby Andrew arrived Tuesday morning, January 25th at 3:23 am. Someone told me a few months ago that the second one is easier but not for us. We did manage to avoid a C-section but just barely due to his decelerations on the monitor. Once he made an appearance we knew why the labor was so hard on him because he had the cord wrapped twice around his neck and the cord had a true knot. He does have some bruising and red spots on his body from the difficult labor but everything else is fine.

Andrew is 8 lbs. 14 oz. And 21 inches long. He is nursing like a champ and so far has a good disposition. Our household is adjusting but I think it will take a while to really get into a good rhythm.

I did try acupuncture for labor induction and I did get my contractions regular but I think I started the sessions too late for a complete induction. I may have needed another treatment or two.

amp
01-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Congratulations! Enjoy your new little guy! Sorry the labor wasn't an easy one, but now you can all recover and enjoy each other!

bluej
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Congratulations Michelle! Welcome to the world Andrew! I hope the adjustment continues to go well for your family.

8isenough
01-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Congratulations Michelle! Andrew was a big boy. :) I hope things are going alright for you. It is an adjustment going from one to two and it can take a few months to get your groove. But I promise...it does happen. :) Way to go mama!

Sterling

Hallie_D
02-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Congratulations! What a big boy! Glad everything turned out fine.

ITA about the rhythm thing...my mother has been here since Noah was born and she leaves this Saturday--I'm terrified!

new_mommy25
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Congratulations! I'm gad everything worked out in the end and baby Andrew is doing well.

deborah_r
02-05-2005, 02:35 AM
Congratulations, and welcome Andrew!

Just have to tell you, FWIW, my sister has 3 boys and the oldest 2 are Anthony and Andrew!

Sorry your labor was difficult, but I am glad you are both safe and sound!

mmaimp
02-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the well wishes!

trentsmom
02-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad everything is going smoothly with the new baby.