PDA

View Full Version : It IS a girl!!! Bryn Rose is here...

SASM
02-26-2005, 03:19 PM
Jera was telling me that people were asking about me and I cannot "THANK YOU" ENOUGH for your thoughts and concerns :) THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!! :)

Just a quick note, as I cannot sit on this chari for very long... I delivered on Monday :) Bryn Rose was born at 2.20p on 2.21.05 after a VERY QUICK (!!!) labor. Started "real" labor on Sunday AM (the due date) with very irregular contractions (just like Ian, except 72+ hours) throughout the night, 3-12 minutes. Called the OB on Monday AM and they wanted to just check me out on L&D since I had an induction scheduled for Wednesday anyway. I figured they'd just send me home BUT I was dilated to 3-4cm so I was able to stay AND get my epidural :) After less than 2 hours I was at 10cm but wanted to relax for a little while so I could enjoy the comfort for an hour and a half or so. Started pushing at 2p and Bryn was born at 2.20p :) I was SHOCKED to find out that she was STILL a girl :)We(more like I) were all set to have a "Quinn Reardon/Riordan" but it was a BRYN!!! She weighed 7#12oz and measured 19.75". She came out with lots of curly dark hair but after washing it we found out that she had just disguised her long dark hair :) At 5 days old, she has already surpassed her birthweight!!!!! This is shocking to me since she nurses for 5 minutes on one side and then passes out COLD (none of the annoying tricks wake her), leaving me insanely engorged and wondering if she is getting enough. I guess she is... :)

Ian is doing great! He visited us twice in the hospital and couldn't stop kissing her :) The first day he was all about "Daddy". The second day, about a half-hour into his visit, he ran to me in the hallway and gave me a HUGE hug!!! I was reprimanded for picking him up but I didn't care ~ my baby boy was hugging me, wouldn't let me go, and I was crying like an insane woman!!! Life was (IS!!!) good!! He is still all about "Daddy" but he gives me (and, more importantly, Bryn) hugs and kisses and I know that he'll come around soon.

I promise to post a photo as soon as one becomes available to me (my parents should supply me with a ton when they get home) :) Maybe, if I am lucky enough, I'll even be able to change my avatar (hee...hee!!) :)

Thank you again, my friends!!

alkagift
05-12-2005, 11:32 AM
It sounds like a great experience. Congratulations and post those pics!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

smomom
05-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the pictures! Her name is so lovely.

new_mommy25
05-22-2005, 04:11 AM
Congratulations! I am so glad your family is doing so well. I cannot wait to see pics!

Saartje
05-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Congratulations, Sharyn! :D Sounds like you have a beautiful, loving family.

8isenough
06-15-2005, 10:10 AM
A tad bit tardy, but congratulations on little Bryn. I hope things are going well for you. She sounds perfect!
Yeah mama!

Sterling