PDA

View Full Version : surrogate mothers

heidiann
04-16-2005, 03:40 PM
i'm very new to this site but i was wondering if anyone has any dealings with using a surrogate mother? i have 4 children from a previous marriage ages 14,13,11 and 10. i recently got remarried and my new husband has no children of his own. due to a hysterectomy i was unable to have any more children. we decided on using a gestational surrogate mother. we are due to have our baby november 5. i was wondering if anyone else has traveled this path?

Bethann31
04-17-2005, 09:00 AM
I have not traveled your path in terms of the surrogate, but I too, had older children from a previous marriage,and when I married my husband, we chose to have a child together. Congratulations on your new marriage and the new addition coming soon to your family. It is so much fun having a new baby and lots of help.

Beth
mom to:

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
Katherine 6/03

heidiann
04-17-2005, 04:49 PM
thank you. we are very excited about having a new baby. it feels as though i'm starting all over again. there is so many new things avaliable now that were not avaliable when my other children we babies. so many decisions from bottles to diapers to diaper pails. its all fun though.
thanks again.
heidi:-)

bcky2
04-17-2005, 09:48 PM
hello, i am on the other end of the spectrum. i want to be a surrogate for a wonderful couple one day soon. any advice or anything you could share with me about your journey i would love to hear. i would love to have any info on this from either side. congrats on the baby on the way!

heidiann
04-18-2005, 10:23 PM
wow, thats great that you want to be a surrogate. there is alot involved on both sides. mainly you have to be compatible. theres alot of issues that you have to agree on up front. there is really a ton of information that i could share with you. if you'd like more info you could e-mail me at [email protected]. i'd be glad to share our experience with you and maybe give you some info that could be useful.
thanks again
heidi