PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and No. Va. Question

scootsa1000
05-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Hi eveyone,

I'm a long-time lurker (and co-op fan -- because you can't have too many diaper bags!) finally logging in and posting.

I've just moved from Boston (where I worked full-time while DH stayed at home for the first 10 months) to No. Virginia (where I am now a full-time mom). Bronwyn and I have been driving around to get the lay of the land for the past few days, but are looking to join a playgroup and maybe take some swimming lessons...Any moms out there in the Falls Church area with some suggestions?

Thanks!
Kara

Mom to Bronwyn
5/30/2004

amp
05-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Welcome to the boards!

There are some moms in your area, but not everyone gets over to this boards, so feel free to post something in the lounge letting them know you could use some resources. However, everyone in that area is attending the retreat this weekend, so the boards won't get much traffic, so you may not get many replies until the beginning of the week.

Again, welcome!

purpleeyes
05-15-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi Kara!

Welcome to NoVA-hope you enjoy living here! :) I don't live in Falls Church-I live out in Loudoun County, but I can suggest a few things. Try your 'local' section of the Washington Post (I think they are in the paper on Sundays and Thursdays)-There are usually good lists of moms groups in the Posting Section. Also you can try the hospital near you (Is there a Falls Church hospital? I'm not sure-maybe you'll have to go to Fairfax Hosptital off Rt. 50) Anyway-they usually offer new mom groups. I have been attending the group at Loudoun Hospital since my son was 5 weeks old and I love it-I have met a lot of people!

Good luck-let me know if you have any other questions about the area!

Beth