PDA

View Full Version : Better late than never?

MarisaSF
09-12-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm not new here, but realize I've never posted a bio.

Why? Well, does this sound familiar: At first I didn't know how long I'd be here -- thought once that stroller purchase of over, I'd be outy, but then DD started solids, then we needed some new toys, I discovered the Lounge, etc.

Well, in case I haven't provided enough fodder for your fantasies :) over the months, here's me in a nutshell:

Name: Marisa
Sign: Aquarius
DD: Jazzy (8/5/04). She's super cool. Came with a spiky trendy-short haircut. Has eyes that sparkle and a smile that'll melt your heart. At 13 months she enjoys animals of all shapes and sizes, cuddling, long runs on the beach, raspberries, and signing "No more monkeys jumping on the bed" (shake finger).
Lives: Currently resides with ILs (Jazzy's paternal grandparents) in SoCal. Recently (6/05) moved from SF. Moving to Phoenix in 6/06. Originally from Long Island, NY.
Profession: Currently am "on vacation for the year in SoCal" (SAHM). Was earning a mediocre living in SF as a manager of a health clinic. Hope to get back to work one of these days, but am having fun on "vacation."
Hobbies: hiking, swimming, running, reading, watching Jazz-TV in 3D, amateur website building
Passions: women's and children's health activism
Pet peeves: bad table manners, snobs, when books suck but I waste time reading them anyway
Biggest fears: rodents of unusual size... um, any size really, cleaning, cooking, kidnappers
Race/Ethnicity: multiple
Marital status: married to my college sweetheart (awww....)
Little known facts: I have a mustache. (It's little known because I hide it like everyone else! :)), I hate squash.

Anyway... I've really enjoyed getting to know all of you!

edited because I typed Jazzy's DOB wrong!

kijip
09-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Well after 1000 plus posts WELCOME Marisa! I have so enjoyed getting to "know" you here! Thanks for your email today...

I will answer the same things you posted and maybe we can get a little "Did you know..." thread going!

>Name: Katie

>Sign: Leo

>DS: Toby the super cool tot who today said "Maybe it would be a good idea to take Toby to ballgame."

>Lives: Seattle

>Occupation: Student, pt administrator at a non-profit, mama

>Hobbies: Reading, politics, music, music, music

>Passions: um, politics um, music plus women's health and rape crisis issues.

>Pet peeves: bad table manners (ditto!), snobs (ditto!), when books suck but I waste time reading them anyway (Again a big ditto!) plus gift registries, rain (bad idea to live in Seattle!) and gigantic single passenger vehicles

>Biggest fears: Burning Alive, Losing Toby in a store, driving

>Race/Ethnicity: I am a white American mutt

>Marital status: married to my high school sweetheart's college roommate and good friend. Sitcom fist fight fodder!!! I honestly broke up with this guy to see my husband despite my best efforts to deny/hide it.

>Little known facts: I love collard greens. I hate cauliflower. I like KFC biscuits and chicken strips (shhh!!!)

>Anyway... I've really enjoyed getting to know all of you!
A BIG FAT DITTO!

houseof3boys
09-13-2005, 08:28 AM
That was cute Marisa. I have always enjoyed reading your posts and now it's good to get to know you a bit more.

Thanks for posting. :) LOL at the "I have a mustache comment."

Here's mine: I have cellulite. LOL.